The first day of school!!
But let's back up a bit shall we? Let's start with the night before school. You know, the one where you are supposed to make sure the backpacks are properly packed and your sweet children are tucked cozily in their beds in order to get a good night's sleep so they will be properly rested and happy to start another year of education. Yeah, umm, screw that. I took the girls to the American Idols concert.

Honestly, what kid REALLY sleeps the night before school anyway? They're always too excited or worried, so this way I just bypassed all that and occupied their minds with a fun activity. And when you grow up, you are so gonna appreciate music more than the fact that you know what an isosceles triangle is. I'm just teaching them in the school of life, people.
So the concert was fun! I'll give you a quick rundown:

Chikezie- love him, he's just a soulful teddy bear
Ramiele- is so much tinier in real life
Michael Johns- YUM and AWESOME
Kristy- bathroom break, unfortunately there wasn't a line and my bladder wasn't near full enough
Carly- big voice, great performer
Brooke- sugary sweet
Jason- STONED! I swear he was, he couldn't keep his eyes open. He apologized to the audience and said he was "dragging tonight". Dude we all know what you were dragging.
Syesha- bad, bad hair and the girl totally got a boob job, they were humongous!
David A. - adorable and that voice was AMAZING
David C.- ROCKED it out! And I would totally go see him in his own show. His voice and style are definitely fitting for the concert arena.
Emma was all about the show until David Cook came out. She wasn't really happy when he won, she wanted the other one. So when Cook came out she informed me that "he stinks on ice and I am not waving my glow stick for him". And then was certain he was talking about her when he called out a boo in the audience. He looked right at me Mom. And then was completely embarrassed when I caught her dancing to one of his songs.
And don't be concerned that Abby didn't get a good night's rest...

That girl could sleep through a freakin' tornado.
But anyway, today is the first day of school. I actually woke up at 6:30 this morning to flatiron Abby's hair. And told her not to get used to it. It's only because it's her very first day of middle school and it was a special treat. For the rest of the year, I won't even see them before they leave for the bus. Because Momma is all about her sleep.

And God bless the girl, she needs a little help. I mean she's been pumping Alli for information on how to survive and what to take to class on the first day. And all Alli told her was when you chew gum, just make sure you don't hide it under your tongue cuz the teachers know that trick and plus you can't talk well when you do that either. Gee, thanks! And my poor, sweet girl is going to rack up mucho tardy detentions seeing how her locker is on one side of the school and her classes are on the other and it is a LONG hallway and she is EASILY distracted. I have this overwhelming desire to go pick her up right now and put her back in the fifth grade.

Alli has been looking forward to today. Oh, not because of school starting, but because the new Dancing with the Stars lineup is being announced. But of course Princess has it made this year. Her locker is conveniently located, her schedule is perfectly accommodating, and her wardrobe is highly coveted by me. She's the big fish in the pond this year. And I have major, major hopes that all her "frenemies" worked out their hormone issues over the summer. Because I really can't relive the drama of 7th grade. But just in case, I'll always be here with a sympathetic ear and bowl of ice cream. And rum.

And Emma, could not have cared less that today was the first day of school. "I don't want to go. School is boring. Why did you sign me up for school anyway?" I signed you up so that I don't go to jail and because I love you enough to know that I must send you away on the school bus. Believe me, I'm a much better mom because of it. Which seemed to be a good enough answer because she was happy to bop out the door. And it had nothing to do with the fact that I bribed her with let her wear lipgloss and green mascara.
So they're gone and I'm doing the happy dance. Happy, happy, joy, j...
Wait. This one's still here. And don't let the smile fool you. She just demanded that I get her some dang pancakes, woman.
Happy dance on hold til next Wednesday. And then I'm busting loose!


24 comments:
He stinks on ice. LOLLOLOLLLL!!!!!!
I just sent two this morning. I wish I was dancing--I'm doing laundry instead.
Wow! From 4 to 1 huh? Hope your girls have a good day back. Now...make yourself useful and make some of those dang pancakes! Hahaha!
Ohh sounds like a fun concert!! :)
The girls look GREAT for their first day! :) Enjoy the quiet house.
Get to those pancakes...woman! ;)
You rock for taking them to the concert!! Way to go mom!!
They look so darn cute in their pics too!
Hope you get some sanity back...right after you make those pancakes!!
I sent mine off today for kindergarten! I'll have a post and pics when I get home!! ;)
They look so cute and ready to be schooled! I sent my son off to his first day of fifth grade and I'm feelin' blue, so blue! He's my only one and we had such a great time playing this summer - I'm going to miss him. But, he loves school, weird, I know! Cher
First day of school for us, too, of course. Little one rode her bike to school with me jogging right beside here. Then I called my husband to come pick me up, because I didn't want to walk the
.03 miles back home. Teenager reluctantly went next. He was so flippin' scared I thought he might even shed some tears! Now I can't wait for them to get home and tell me all about their first day of school in Texas!
LOL.
Love the pancakes and stinks on ice.
Too cute.
The girls all look gorgeous and so grown up momma!
Glad y'all had fun at the concert.
You are such a fun mom! I think a concert is the perfect last day before school starts activity! :)
Ha--love the fact that you took them to the American Idol concert. Your girls are definitely going to get cool points for that once their friends heae!
You are a cool mom! How was the concert?
You are a cool mom! How was the concert?
All I can think about is how freaking awesome yesterday would have been if I lived where I am supposed to!!! We would have escorted them down to the bus with a mimosa and had a grand day with K!
Three down...one to go! And, she's already giving those kinds of orders? Ugh.
Yeah, you are just trying to make the rest of us look bad. My kids were in bed by 10pm...and it was a miracle.
One down, one to go over here.
Abby looks amazing.
Love Emma's shirt, hmmm, very very sassy!
Ali, well, you know, she is so much more grown up.
K, she is a ham, that one. Thankfully we don't live closer, because Lexie and Kathryn would be in cahoots. It would be double trouble!
Happy Next Week to us both!!!!!
Awwwww.....
Dude. I am sending 1 out of 3 to school. And I am jumping up for joy. I can't imagine what I will feel like when they are all in school.
I bet the concert was fun! Once again...you are Super Fun Mom! Good luck this school year, girls! You all look great on your first day! :)
ok, when isn't Jason stoned.....lol
Looks like you guys had fun!
Congrats on the first day!
You are one cool mom to take them to the concert.
I like Emma's shirt. It's so cute.
By the way, I left you an award, so go on over and pick it up.
Dang pancakes and stinks on ice..ba hahahahahah.. Love it..
The pictures of your girls are adorable!!!
LOL - I totally would've picked Kristy's part for a bathroom break, too!
Seriously, you crack me up. And those little chicklets of yours are adorable!
Post a Comment