Saturday, August 23, 2008

Goodbye Lovah

Well I've waited a week. Given him a little time to decide whether he was gonna pull a Farve or not,(which I would have been totally okay with) but I think it's safe to say, that my main man is done. You might know that I have a fatal attraction major obsession wee little crush on Craig Biggio. I mean I have a whole scattergory devoted to him on this blog. And last Sunday we went to the ballgame to see his jersey retired. So deal with my gratuitous photos of him, m'kay?

Craig was joined by some great Astros of the past. There in the brown suit was my first Astros crush, Bill Doran who is sitting next to a friend of my dad's, Matt Galante. And in the back row is none other than Jose Cruuuuuuuuuz, father of my first kiss. And on the end, Jeff Bagwell, who not surprisingly, was in need of a haircut.


And here comes Mister Lovah Man, looking quite dapper in the suit he's gonna wear at our wedding. Although I think I still prefer him in nice tight white pants. Just saying.


It was an emotional ceremony. This city does love him so.



Peekaboo....



I see you!



Gotta love the Jum-biggi-o-tron. Yum.


Craig started his career off as a catcher. Then he moved to second base. And he played centerfield. He ended his career here on the mound, throwing out the first pitch.


And here's where I get real with myself. He really, really seems to be in love with his wife. Gosh he couldn't stop hugging her and rubbing her back and ewww. That's fine, I can accept that. Because I have another plan to integrate myself into his life. He's got two sons, I've got four daughters. I'd say the odds are pretty good.

Goodbye Biggio. It's been a great 20 years. Full of highs and lows. Wins and losses. Ups and downs. And drool. Lots and lots of drool.




8 comments:

Brittany said...

That is pretty touching! :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...you won't be able to see your man at the field anymore:( You'll only have the memories.

In about 20 years, you can start marrying your kids off to his sons.

April said...

What a sweet tribute!

the mama bird diaries said...

Damn that wife. Whatever. I applaud you for figuring out new ways to bring him into your life! :)

just jamie said...

Holy hot! You've got some good taste in men (and good taste in outfitting them for your wedding).

Stephanie said...

He sure will be missed!
What a great and funny post!
Go Astros!!
Games just wont be the same without him!
(I'm loving the wedding outfit!!)

Anonymous said...

He's so awesome. I'm rather loving that he could still be at St Thomas when mine goes there - if he goes there.

Stephanie said...

I've never been a baseball gal, but he does look mighty fine in that suit! Yum!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.