I remember those days when my sweet little babies were just babbling and I was thinking that it wouldn't be too long until they started saying words. And then the words came. And the first one was "daddy". And I was a little upset. But then the next one might have been "ball". Then the next one "dog" which ticked me off a bit seeing as how I'm not a big fan of the dog. And then to drive the knife deeper in my heart, the next word was "Kanga" which just so happens to be the name of the damn dog. And then "touchdown" came along, and that was okay because it was cute, especially with the arms up halfway in the air.
And then finally one day... Mama. Which has evolved into Mom and Mommy and slave who does my laundry... But it was awesome, because you had been waiting so long to hear it and there wasn't a better sound in the whole universe.
And now everyday, it's sweet music to my ears.
Mom, wake up!
Mommy, I'm hungry!
Mom, where's my...?
Mommy, will you play Candyland with me?
Mom, she hit me.
Mom, I need an empty shoe box for school tomorrow.
Mommy, you're mean!
Mommy, can I...?
No, Mommy, I'm not eating carrots.
Mommy, I need to go potty.
I hate you, Mommy!
Uh oh, Mommy I spilled my juice.
I know how to spell your name it's M-O-M-M-Y.
Mommy, Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mommy, Mom
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
And I wish they would have stopped talking as soon as they learned to say "dada".
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


13 comments:
Hey, how are ya?!?! Mine's already starting with Mama. Of course I love it at this age, but I know my day is coming.
Love your new ride!!
Believe it!!!! LOL.
I love those first few sweet words, but damn I wish they would have stopped there :-)
So cute Amy. Have a great week sweetheart.
So, so, so true! I could add a couple more words to the list, but that's a big one.
I'm so there with you. I told my girl that I was changing my name cause I couldn't handle the word "mommy" anymore. She told me that it was okay, just to be sure to let her know what to call me.
It's the best title in all the land! Only the truly worthy can claim it!!
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have those minds of their own!
if you could just get Kanga to do more around the house, your problems would be solved
Yep, right there with you!
I often try to change my name but somehow, hearing mommy! screeching through the house still cuts like a knife.
So funny! And I hear ya!
Ha.
THIS was so funny. I can't imagine the conversations you have with 4 girls. ;)
That is hillarious!
I'm living parallel (except my kids are always with--dad, daddy)I often stand with my fingers in my ears yelling, "la, la, la, la" When I finish the kids look at me and continue right where they left off--So, dad....
I still love hearing "Mama". Of course, it's usually a squeal of glea, and he hasn't learned too many other intelligible words yet, so Mama is only good stuff. It's coming, I know
Kudzu Queen
Blog Hopping
Post a Comment