How about that feeling when you get in your vehicle and find your seat is stuck in your 6' 5" hubby's position and you are nowhere near 6' 5". And you are extremely pissed because you have a bajillion errands to run and no time to take it to the dealership who supposed replaced the motor a few months back and took a good amount of your boob fund to do it.
Or how about when you go to drop your kids off at Art Camp and the door right by the classroom is locked. And you have to walk all around to the other side of the building to get in because when you were knocking at the window for someone to open the door, the little kids inside just looked at you, laughed, and ran up the stairs.
How about when you catch yourself about to say effing a-hole on the road three times but replace it with moron instead. That's actually a pretty good feeling, but guess what Kathryn's new favorite word is. Followed closely by idiot.
Or when you go to Target looking like ass and probably smelling the same because you haven't showered in two days and you run into not one, not two, but three Alpha Moms (perfectly coiffed and accessorised, but of course) and all you have in your cart is tampons and a daughter with half her Coke Icee on her shirt.
Or when you walk out to your dirty, abused, stinky mom-mobile and right next to it is parked a sweet cherry red H3 with a sticker that says Bad-Ass Granny under the window and you think one day...
Or when you go to eat lunch and the busboy rolls his eyes at you because you politely asked him to wipe down your table. And you are strongly resisting the urge to yell I'll slap 'em straight because having a teenager, you might be a little tired of this whole eye-rolling thing.
Or when you spend half the day thinking it's Tuesday and by the time you realize it's actually Wednesday, you have exactly 3 minutes to get your daughter to gymnastics.
Or when you find the stack of thank you notes for your daughter's birthday party that you filled out over three weeks ago forgotten in your car. But honestly, you can't even remember if you brush your teeth every morning.
How about this one? Your big girls FINALLY come home after being at their dad's for over a month and you are just on cloud nine because you have someone to play Rummikub with, and to belt out Rhianna tunes with, and to discuss the Twilight saga with, and to watch Big Brother with, but most importantly you have someone to take the little ones to the bathroom while you're out to eat lunch. That feeling freakin' rocks!!
Welcome back girls, it FEELS so good to have you home!


19 comments:
Ohhhh...I'm so feeling Ya!
How about when you are out on a walk thinking that you are kicking ass when a 60yr old races past you jogging and looking stealth! I should have tripped her and I will let my evil side show and tell you that I envisioned her falling on her old ass all because I have a jiggly ass. Freaking sucks.
And so you know, I don't even bother trying to stop myself from using the "f" word when driving. My daughter got used to it so I figured " Ef it then...I'm gonna say what I feel!"
I'm so not the best mom!
Welcome back big girls. Help your momma out before she cracks!
I LOVE this post!! Welcome home to the girls!
Ugh. Those days. And the coiffed moms just make it sooooo much worse, don't they? I'm never a coiffed mom.
But -- YAY!! that the girls are home. So nice to have something to get you past all the rest.
AHHHH! Alli has BOOBS?!?!?! I can't take it!!
PS Trade that fuc*king truck in ALREADY! I swear I am getting a minicooper(or minivan) this weekend, cuz the 110 bones at the gas pump kills me!
AHHHH! Alli has BOOBS?!?!?! I can't take it!!
PS Trade that fuc*king truck in ALREADY! I swear I am getting a minicooper(or minivan) this weekend, cuz the 110 bones at the gas pump kills me!
I am having one of those bad days. sigh....
Welcome home big girls!!
Loved your post...I think we all have those days!
School is about to start though!! ;)
I so know what you are talking about. I swear to god I always run into someone who knew me as fabulous self on days when I am lucky if I got matching shoes on...
The target one, so true!
Seems like it was all worth it to get those beautiful girls home with you!!
And, yes, we all have days like that!
Yes. Yes. Yes!!!
Love ya
Oh my goodness! I have no idea what to even say here...except WOW! I cannot believe all that can happen to one person. Oh my...
You need a GNO. How about dinner the 19th ;)
How's the hubby feeling? Any soreness?
Also, it's okay to have a few punchy words for the little girls.
And, I can't wait to dish Twilight!
Oh yeah. I know those days. *sigh*
yea, So glad your big girls are back!! Hang in there Girlie!!
ROTFL... I love your style, wit and all the funny taglines...
Thanks so much for brightening up my morning...
J/
AMY!!! Your rants are KILLING me today. Awesome! So glad you got the other 1/3 of your family back, too.
KEEP BELIEVING
OK, you are awesome. You remind me of me. But with less cursing and flipping the bird.
I am about to go pick up one of my teens from the train station. Excited cause she is going to pluck my eyebrows for me.
Damn Emos are good for something...
Dude, you're funny!
And, I so know that Target feeling. Damn it.
Post a Comment