Flippy is our Elf on the Shelf who miraculously appeared at our house while we were in Galveston for Thanksgiving. When the girls first saw him, they didn't quite know what to think. But thankfully Flippy came with a book to explain what the heck he was doing there hanging out on our shelf.See Flippy is Santa's eyes and ears, he reports back to the North Pole every night to let the big guy know how we're behaving. Each morning Flippy returns to a new spot in the house to play tattle tale once again. We have to run throughout the house and find the little dude and we are really quite distraught if he is not located quickly. But we can't touch him, because if we do, he'll lose his magic and won't be able to tell Santa if we are actually being GOOD!
Now I'm already stressing about how Flippy is going to find all these different spots to "hang out". Especially when Emma told him last night, "Flippy sometime you can come and sit in my room." Hmm, great. It's hard enough waiting until the wee hours of the night to make sure the little bugger makes it to a new spot, now I have to tiptoe in her room?? And I am having nightmares about Flippy not making his nightly trip. This is not an unfounded fear, the Tooth Fairy has been "overbooked" on many an occasion at our house. So why do I do this to myself? Peer pressure. We couldn't be the ONLY house on the street without an elf. And thank goodness we have one because the elves were the main topic of conversation at the bus stop this morning.
I do have to admit, I have already noticed some changes since Flippy arrived. Emma cleaned her room with less grumbling than usual, she ate all of her ravioli (which she hates), and she is generally being a much more pleasant child. She talks to Flippy throughout the day mentioning things that she would like for Christmas. And she draws him pictures to take to Santa.
Kathryn on the other hand is a completely different story! She walks by Flippy and gives him the evil eye. She stands there and blows raspberries at him. She is not too impressed that this little guy is watching her every move. I have to say that I actually fear for poor Flippy. I'm definitely going to have to make sure he is "out of reach". No telling what might happen to him. Especially when I turned the corner yesterday and Kathryn said to him, "Flippy I no being naughty. You tell Santa I being HAVED!!" Which she punctuated with a raspberry.
Someone is asking for some coal!


5 comments:
what a great idea!!! I might have to copy that, would play in nicely with being helpful eyes and ears after Dad has moved away.
Love that, the part about what Kathryn said totally cracked me up!!
My Mother JUST emailed me a link this morning to that guy http://www.roomservicehome.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CK233601
Funny! :) You crack me up!
That is a great idea! That Kathryn is so funny--such a little spitfire!
That's a great idea! I love Kathryn's reaction! Too funny!!
Post a Comment