Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fun in Merry Olde Times


This is what you get when everyone is happy and you have a fabulous day!

One of the things I enjoyed most growing up was going to the Renaissance Festival with my mom. I loved looking at all the lords and ladies in their costumes. I loved the sprites sprinkling fairy dust in my hair. I thought the kissing wench was the funniest woman I had seen in my whole life, especially when she planted a big smacker on my brother! I loved beating the crap out of Tony with a potato sack while sitting on a log. I thought the parade was the most wonderful thing, even though Lady Godiva kind of wigged me out. And the food, steak on a stick, giant turkey legs, funnel cake, and those apple turnovers, YUMMY!

The whole reason I have developed a love affair with Tudor England might very well stem from all the great times I had "visiting" it! The festival takes place at the height of King Henry VIII's reign, when he was young and in love with Katherine of Aragon. Before he got fat and women starting losing their heads over him! In fact he ends the parade with his queen at his side. Queen Katherine throws roses to the crowd and Emma caught one which is now her new prized possession.

It meant so much to me to be able to take my girls for the day and experience the things with them that I did with my mom. The girls seemed so in awe of all the things I did so many years ago. Steven has never been a big fan, but I'm thinking after he saw how much fun the girls had and what a great day it was, he might go with a bit less grumbling next year. Because we are definitely going back!

There was a lot we didn't see, like the Glassblower and the Mud People. There were plenty of shops we didn't peek in. Part of the reason I think we did have so much fun was because we knew our limits and went with the flow. Rare for this crew, but good memories were what I was after, and what we all have! Take a look at a few of them...


Slide shows and scrapbooks - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slide show, scrapbook or ecard

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of fun. My favorite parts were doing the trampoline, the swing and riding the elephant.

Katie said...

What fun Y'all had!! I LOVE the pic of all the girls & steven on the elephant, too cool!! And that giant swing looked awesome! Your girls are just too adorable!!

JKMN said...

One of the MANY things we miss about Houston!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love these...the face painting is just super! :) The giant swing pic was classic. HAHAHA - It SURELY beats camel races! :)

Sassy said...

When we lived in Tomball, we went to the Renaissance Festival every year. I was actually in a performance there my Sophomore year. Next year, the girls and I should come and meet you there. It would be so fun for them!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we never went while we lived there. The pics look like so much fun!!

Narci D said...

Wow, that looks like ALOT of fun! Great pics, too!

Anonymous said...

did the girls do the sword fights with the balloons on the helmet? it was always fun to kick your butt on that...

Didi said...

Great memories and you got some great pics of the girls. They are beautiful!

The Daily Stroll said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

BTW..I love the smilebox. I might have to steal it for my blog ;)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.