I was answering some emails and heard Kanga snorting. Thinking that I hadn't seen her for a while I got up to look for her. The door to the front room was closed. This happens frequently, Kathryn likes to put Kanga in "time out". I go to open the door and it won't move. It's not locked, it just won't move. I finally get it open, just a crack and sure enough, there's the dog.
The other day I received the cushion to the new entry way bench I bought, which is back ordered until January. Knowing I couldn't do anything with the cushion, I leaned the box against Alli's old mattress in what is now, for the time being, our "storage room". It is a long, skinny, rectangular box. Which was now jammed against the door.
Yes, the box fell down and the dog was stuck. I tried squeezing my hand under the door to move the box, it wouldn't budge. I tried reaching my hand through the crack to move the box, it wouldn't budge.
The Wonder Pets did not answer their damn tin can. Diego and Baby Jaguar were off playing with penguins. And Underdog, well he was just nowhere to be found. So I called the only super hero left, Steven, and in doing so have rescued him from monotonous work on the PC.
While waiting for him I shoved some doggy treats through the crack and Kanga continued to look at me with those sad puppy eyes and every so often give me a "hey, a little help here" whimper. I of course could not stop laughing. But I was confident I had done all that I could.
Steven gets home, goes to the door and voila' it opens right away. Apparently the dog must have shimmied the box herself. She comes trotting out happy to be free and see her daddy.
I'm on to her. It's just another trick in her little doggy bag to make me look like a complete idiot in Steven's eyes. And then she'll be his number 1 object of affection. The battle for Steven's heart continues, and she just made an assault. Time to come up with a counter strike.
No more nice mommy. I'm trashing the doggy treats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh, goodness! I was sure you were going to say Kanga ATE the new cushion and was choking on it! I am glad she was OK :) I saw that Elf Yourself on Dayna's site and can't wait to add that to our site in Dec...it cracks me UP! HAHAHAHA
Can I say this again? Poor, poor little Kanga!
I think you should have used the LIFE IS RUFF caption as your headline. SO funny. I love it.
This is where I'm sorry that I'm not going to say poor puppy, but that U. MADE. ME. PEE. IN. MY. PANTS. A. LITTLE. BIT. with the whole Wonder Pets, Diego thing - OMG - they are on our TV - non-stinking-stop and well that just goes to show you how we rank on the list of priorities . . . (can u say overuse of punctuation!)
Post a Comment