My new 'do. Which I guess is growing on me. The highlights seemed a lot less blonder this morning. Maybe because I absorbed all the blondness last night...
We were watching Dancing with the Stars and Kristi and Mark had just finished dancing to my alltime favorite song, Blue Monday by New Order. I told Kathryn to go grab Mommy the phone because I needed to call and vote, I was not going to sit by idly again and watch my sweet Mark go again. Halfway through dialing I realized I was watching the episode I Tivo'ed on Monday night. Dumbass!
So today, yes I effectively wasted 30 minutes of time,taking pictures of myself. 30 minutes which should have been spent on, oh, I don't know, PACKING?? Or laying out the girls outfits for this weekend in order to save my husband some stress, or wrapping birthday presents for my niece, nephew and brother, or printing my boarding pass.
But I can't pack, because I'm still not sure what I'm packing. Apparently the doormen at the swanky NYC bars won't let you in if you're wearing jeans. Doesn't matter if your jeans cost upwards of 200 bucks. They would much rather you wear some black cropped pants you got on sale at the outlet mall for 25.99. And you have no idea how much it is going to pain me to leave my beautiful 80 degree weather behind and head north to freeze my ass off. That being said, I picked up that sleeveless blue top up there too. But it's trimmed in leather and it has a corset lace up the neck, so how could I refuse?
And since it's going to be chilly and I can't go barelegged with some strappy black sandals, I need to choose some more appropriate footwear. So Option A would be black tights with very comfortable, feel like tennis shoes black heels. Or Option B would be THE boots that HURT the feet. But maybe enough vodka will offset that?
Tell me what you think...
Oh and this picture wasn't hard to take at all ;-)


30 comments:
Boots and Vodka Baby...after all, it is New York!!!
30 minutes! I think it was worth the work. Nice pic.
Love the hair!
And yes, it is cold here!
Today I let Alli and Tori wear flip flops to the doctor's office. The nurse made a comment about it not being warm enough for flip flops yet. Whatever! We are Texans! My girls are use to wearing flip flops year round. And it will get in the high 50's today! Hope you have a good time up here. I'll catch up with you on your next trip!
You look HOT!! Love it.. and I would go with the boots.. love those boots!
If you're cabbing it, wear the boots. If not, you'll regret it. I did the same last time I went to NYC. I had to borrow shoes from my friend who is 2 sizes larger!
Love that top :)
Grey Goose can keep you warm!
You look hot. HOT.
Love the hair and love that color on you!
Go for the comfy shoes or you'll just end up drunk and barefoot on the streets of NYC.
Trust me! ;)
You are going to have so much fun! And, I'm totally digging the top.
I think the blond is perfect!
And, yes, I know about self pictures in the mirror...use the flash and the picture is all bright, don't use a flash and it's blurry!!
How did you combat both of these?
The boots are hot. But if you will want to go home early because you are uncomfortable, then I would choose the shoes. If you will forget about them once you have a drink (or 4), then choose them. (Sandy is right about the cab thing, too.)
I love the hair, including the highlights. You'll have a great time!
Okay, what was the point? Because all I read was "Hot hot hot chick...blahblah highlights blahblah cute kid that clearly came from hot chick"
oh, great hair! i love the pic of the girls on the right - that's great! have FUN!
Oh I'm sure the vodka will offset it (until the next morning!!) I love the new do! The color looks great! Cant wait to see pics of you trip!
Oh your hair looks awesome! You're so cute ... I always feel weird taking photos of myself too. I wouldn't if I looked as good as you ;)
So, enjoy NYC. Those boots, BTW are smokin' HAWT!
LOVE the blue on ya and your new 'do :) Katie Oh and definitely go with the comfy shoes ;)
love, Love, LOVE your highlights. You look great. Have a great time.
KEEP BELIEVING
Very pretty! =)
My aunt was just in NYC a couple of weeks ago and is going with me in two weeks - and was like, "Don't wear open toed shoes around NYC and always wear BLACK." HA - Crazy.
Yup! Love the hair and the blue top for sure!
PS. Enough liquor cures anything. At Baby Daddy's Christmas party I was wearing heels higher than I've ever worn before and after three drinks, I was dancing in them. Paid for it the next morning, but whatever...
Love the hair! Have a blast! (I know you will!)
Vodka can fix a lot of things.
Your hair looks fantastic! Not too blond at all. Promise.
Loveeee the hair! so cute!!
NO jeans? I would die. I love my jeans.
you guys are going to have so much fun.
you can't wear jeans? ugh! what am i going to do. i only have jeans.
im calling the sitter and go shopping tomorrow.
NICE hair. i love the picture!
I love the highlights! And you have great arms...do you workout?
It is sooo chilly here in the NY metro area. I was freaking when I got back last night from Florida.
Dress warm.
Okay, those are two super cute girls!
I'm all about comfort. I'll dump style in a minute for comfort . . . but, NYC, the rules all change.
LOVE the do. Great pics!!!
Your hair looks great! Wow!
I love DWTS! I love Mark and Kristi too although my all-time fav was Sabrina. I was SO PISSED when she left. SO MAD!! I still am I guess. Can you tell? Too funny.
Love the hair and very cute pic of both you and Kathryn! I say go with the cute boots! We walked all over NYC in heels when we were there in Dec and it wasn't too bad! But it did help that we were able to wear comfy Uggs the next day!
Have fun!! Can't wait to see the pics!
Okay, super cute photo of you, and cool top!
And, holy moly your daughter looks like mine. The hair, the chin, the smile, the stripes even. I brought mine over to the computer and she said, "Mommy that's me?"
I know I haven't been around in a while but I'd still love to get together if possible!! Email me and I'll give you my cell number.
Post a Comment