Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh Say Can You Say Dinosaur?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Oh my gosh, it's the scariest thing ever! It's the very rare Emmasaurus who loves to feast on popcorn.

This weekend we took the girls to see Walking with the Dinosaurs. All I can say is AMAZING!! If this show comes near you, you MUST go check it out! It's hosted by a paleontologist who takes us through the times of the dinosaurs. From Pangaea up to the deadly comet. And there are 15 life sized dinos to help tell his story.

And what perfect timing since Emma had just finished a unit on dinosaurs at school. She was able to name them all and tell me characteristics of the different types. Except she got the Brontosaurus wrong. She called it a Brachiosaurus?? What the heck is that? Next thing you know, she'll be telling me Pluto isn't a planet.

It was a very fun, educational show. Of course I took pictures. And I wish I had better pictures. But the not so nice lady who checked my bag wouldn't let my zoom lens in the building and she didn't believe me when I promised not to use it. Where is the trust people??

Here's some pics of our prehistoric friends...

24 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that picture!! Hahahah!

I can't believe that woman - the nerve! Would you really have not used it? ;)

MarĂ­a said...

That looks like fun! I would love to take the girls to that!

And she is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, though I do hate to break it to ya Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore..Isn't that nuts!!
:) Katie

Sarah said...

Sterling took Parker this weekend too and talk around the house has been nothing but dinosaurs. Also, we are the proud owners of a $2.00 plastic dinosaur that Sterling apparently paid $20 for. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

Pluto is not a planet?? LOL My kids will think I am ancient when I tell that it used to be.. :)

But what a fun time and that pic of your little girl is just precious!! Love it!

Nissa said...

Cool! My son would LOVE to see that. They've just learned about plate techtonics & the separation of the continents and is quite the little scientist, now.

That's great how you were able to get some pics!

Anonymous said...

Love the Pluto reference. :) Just like the color spectrum taking indigo out.

And, I so wanted to see that when it was here, but I think mine's a bit too young for it. I thought they changed bronto to brachi? Glad the girls had fun.

The Daily Stroll said...

Jonah will be very jealous!! He LOVES Dinosaurs! I watched a show about this a few weeks ago on TV and I checked to see if it was coming to Dallas but I don't see it on the list of tour dates!! :( Glad you guys had fun! Jonah will like looking at your pics :)

Rachael said...

looks like a fun time! That lady must have known that one could not have a zoom lens with her and NOT use it, I mean...c'mon!

Miss Lisa said...

That looks like fun! I'll be on the look out for it.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Adorable!

I wanted to go but I was afraid Hailey would be freaked out.

Looks like a blast though!

Stephanie said...

Great pics! i had a few frinds that went, and said it was good too! (a little slow though!) Glad she enjoyed it!

Kat said...

That show looks amazing! The boys love dinos. I've had to dvr 6 different hour specials from the Discovery Channel for them. I don't know if they would poop their pants with the replicas of the dinos though. Hmmm.

The Mrs. said...

Sounds so cool!

Missy said...

How fun! I want to go!
Love the scary dino pic!

CC said...

That pictures is so great!!! We didn't go when it was in town here because my son is a wimp (oops!, I mean my son is very sensitive!)

Narci D said...

Looks very cool! We'll have to keep an eye out for it!

pb&j in a bowl said...

That show came to Nashville not long ago. There was actually a write up in one paper because people were mad that the dinosaurs weren't real. Ummm, hello?

Anonymous said...

I went back and forth with taking my kids to this. Didn't know if the little one would be scared. We didn't go but I'm sorry we missed it.

Brittany said...

SO fun!!! I saw a special on this on TV and thought it would be amazing. I wonder if it's coming here?!

Burgh Baby said...

So what you are saying is that you TOTALLy would have used the zoom lens. Love it!

Looks like a lot of fun all around!

Amy said...

Is a Brontosaurus and a Brachiosaurus the same thing? My daughter has one of those Dinosaur books and she asked about a picture of what both my husband and I thought was a Brontosaurus. The caption said Brachiosaurus. I've never heard of a Brachiosaurus before that.

BusyDad said...

We so wanted to see this show, and it never came to LA. Funny, we're so spoiled with shows and concerts here that I just assumed it would be down here. We saw the ad for it when we were in Northern CA visiting relatives.

LunaNik said...

Fun! And that pic of your daughter is so effing cute!! I just love her little chin.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.