Saturday, April 19, 2008

Almost

It was a night full of them...

I almost backed over a scooter in the Sac but thankfully my neighbor stopped me because that would have not been good.

I almost forgot the key to Granny's house but thankfully turned around before we got too far from home because that would have been bad seeing how our tickets were on her counter. But then Granny was home on an earlier flight, isn't that always the way it goes.

Emma and Kathryn almost mastered the fine art of riding in a convertible, now if they could just take the blankets off of their heads so everyone would quit looking at me. (No I did not get a new car, it is on loan and I am very much enjoying playing "dress up" while I can.)


We almost got to the game on time but every road in downtown Houston was under construction.

Emma almost didn't cut my head off.


We almost had a healthy dinner, but opted for popcorn, pretzels and nachos instead. Oh and a little cotton candy.

The girls almost froze their tushies off but I bought a pretty pink Astros blanket to keep them warm, oh and some rally monkeys, because we were in dire need of rally monkeys.


The Astros almost won. Well that's not true. But maybe they would have if we would have stayed in our seats. But the girls got restless and wanted to hang out in the Squeeze Play and had to pee and needed more junk food. And every time we got up, the other team scored.

Damn worthless rally monkey! It almost got tossed, but I think we might need it a lot this season!

23 comments:

Brittany said...

Looks like fun!!!

April said...

On the bright side, it was only almost that you backed over the scooter.

MommyTime said...

I love this post. And in particular I love the popcorn photo. Almost is such a good word, don't you think? We almost got sunburned today but didn't. And I almost finished raking the detritus out of the yard but got distracted by croquet with my son instead. It sounds like you more than almost had a GREAT evening at the game. And that's what really matters, right?

Cynthia said...

Looks like fun!

OHmommy said...

ALMOST.... awwwwwww... cute photos!

Unknown said...

Loved the post, loved the photos!! You're one smokin' hot mama!!

Anonymous said...

It was a miserable game. One of many this year, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

You almost cracked me up but actually you did...dang monkeys...who needs them!

The Mrs. said...

Your family is gorgeous!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

So many almosts...glad they were not "happens."

Sorry about the 'Stros, but at least you ladies had a fab time, right?

K8spade said...

Ah, baseball. Unfortunately, it is impossible to get tickets where I live...unless you're a gazillionaire. Or someone at work can't attend one of the games on their season tickets and sends out a mass mail and you are able to beat back all your co-workers to get there first with a $100 check. Damn Yankees.

Amy said...

My dad always said "almost doesn't count." In your case this can be good and bad! =) Hope you had a great weekend.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

A convertible to the ballpark with your girls! I am so impressed and might have wished it were me if you were seeing the Red Sox!

This comment doesn't mean you'll never read my blog again, does it?

Katie said...

Looks like Y'all still had so much fun!!

pb&j in a bowl said...

What a great post! I loved the pictures and the fact that you take your girls to baseball games. We haven't been brave enough this season. Looks like all of you had a great time.

Katie Ryan said...

So cute. I'm sorry to say, though, we are huge Yankee fans. My husband has tickets ready for when the Yankees play your Astros.

Dreams and Designs said...

Cute pics first of all. And second, now I don't feel so bad that for our first grill out of the season my daughter ate chips and pickles for dinner. Oh and like 5 grapes, so I think that makes up for it. :)

Burgh Baby said...

I almost think you should buy yourself a convertible so the girls can get more practice!

Stephanie said...

I love it! Almost is brilliant!

Nissa said...

You can't blame the poor little Astros Rally Monkey! :)

I didn't realize you're in the Houston area! Another one of my former hometowns!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great day.. love the pics..

PS. Your skin is flawless..

Anonymous said...

Can't believe that Emma is already rocking her Greek summer tan!!

Anonymous said...

I ALMOST thought you and I had a lot in common and would really hit it off ... but I'm a CUBS fan.

Looks like a good time. Nothin' better than a ball game.

;)
Blog Hoppin' An Iowa Mom

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.