Peer pressure, it's a terrible thing. We headed out to a neighborhood bar, and lo and behold it was karaoke night. Sing, Amy. C'mon Amy. What are you going to sing Amy?
Okay, okay. I'll sing, IF I get a shot first. Trouble was the shots were not good. Now this could have been for a number of reasons. One being that I wanted a kamikaze and that's not what I got. Two being my liver just said Hey sister, I'm not quite recovered from NYC and I really don't want to go down this road again so soon. Or three, I'm just getting old and shots aren't for me anymore. I'm hoping it wasn't three.
So I sang, without any alcohol induced confidence and it was no bueno. I know it wasn't good, even though the gals won't tell me it wasn't good. But really, I guess who cares, it's karaoke right? And the fact that I was the ONLY ONE out of the group that got up and sang, well that earned me a "no gossiping about Amy for a week" card. Remember I live in the 'burbs ;-)
And when I was done singing "Ironic" I had to go ahead and just throw out a sarcastic remark. Sometime along the lines of how ironic is it that the Astros traded Brad Lidge for a closer that is just as bad. Valverde sucks, thank you very much!
As I stepped away from the mike, the somewhat decent looking young men at the bar all high-fived me. Now this too could have been for a number of reasons. One being they really thought I sang good. Two being they totally agreed with my assessment of the state of the Astros bullpen. Or three, they were just really ecstatic that they didn't have to listen to me sing anymore. I'm hoping it wasn't three.
Oh yeah, you didn't know? It's Astros season again baby! So that may mean a few posts now and then about how much I
Like the fact that tonight I am taking Emma and Kathryn to the ballpark alone, all by myself. Wow, did I hit my head? Should be fun. Thank God for the beer man!


13 comments:
Yeah..I dont think shots like me too much these days either! Great story and kudos to you for getting up and singing!
I can't do shots anymore - age and liver combined, I think. I can't do hard liquor at all unless it is in the form of a margarita and WITH food in my stomach.
I LOVE MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL GAMES at the ballpark. However, I am a Cardinals fan.
KEEP BELIEVING
I'm sure you did great!! Next time, try screwdrivers. You get the added benefit of orange juice :)
I bet Y'all will have a total blast!! And I'm sure neither answer was the 3rd, girlie!! ;) More power to Ya for gettin' up there (especially without the help of the alcohol)! ;)
By the way, check out my new blog:
http://twoandahalfmonkeys.blogspot.com/
I miss my Amy comments :)
It still sounds like you had a great time sans alcohol...who knew it was possible.
I'm sure you'll have a great time with the girls at the Juice Box.
hehe. you crack me up.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Go Stros. And, it killed me when they got rid of Lidge. He isn't great, but he was improving...oh and he was in hubby's class at ND.
You made me smile today - for the irony is really the fact that you mentioned having to suck it up and do things while NOT intoxicated on the exact date I gave up drinking - 12 years ago...April 18th. Crazy - how have I survived...For one - I haven't been singing ONCE since... :)
I've *still* never been drunk before. I HAVE to try it.
You know they all high fived you because they thought you were HOT! ;)
Sounds like you had a blast.
Haha, I'm so stoked to finally read about that night! The high-five evaluation was sweet :)
Post a Comment