Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In case you were wondering...

Emma's birth story, it's coming. I just forgot to search through the mountains of shoeboxes to find some photos to go with it. So sometime later this week, I will have it up.

I've been pretty busy. In case you haven't seen my countdown, I am blowing this joint and headed up to see Mr. T for his 30th birthday this week. Just me. No kids, no husband, no dog. My first trip ever to NYC. It should be pure bliss. But because I've been focusing on my trip, I've forgotten lots of things lately.

Like the fact that the cleaning lady was coming today. That picture money was due. That the girls had dentist appointments last week. Where my keys are. To order a T-shirt for Emma's field trip. And a slew of other things that I just can't remember right now.

One thing I won't forget is the fact that the pine tree in my front yard is dead. Because every Tom, Dick, and Harry that owns a tree company has knocked on my door these past few days to give me a quote to remove the sucker. I will tell you that I didn't even realize it was dead until yesterday. Because I don't look up at the thing.

And I didn't forget my hair appointment today. But I kinda wish I had. Because I'm thinking there's just way too much blond in there. But in my current state of mind or lack thereof, maybe that's completely appropriate.

Disclaimer: I am not taking potshots at blonds, just the generalization of them. I happen to know a lot of smart, wonderful blond people including two of my daughters. It's just going to take me a while to get used to rejoining the ranks.

21 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

I wanna go!!

April said...

I want pics of you as a blond!

Unknown said...

Your trip to NYC sounds fabulous, Amy. Even the no kids, no hubby sounds fabulous on its own :)

Dawn said...

It's called "Mommynesia." I'm glad you get a trip on your own coming up, where there's no dead trees, picture days, dentist appointments, etc...

Love the disclaimer! :)

krissy said...

Man, NYC...I wanna go so bad!!!!

Sassy said...

Show us

Momo Fali said...

It makes me feel so much better to know other people have lives just as crazy as mine!

Katie Ryan said...

It's ok. No offense taken. (Hee, hee, hee)

Brittany said...

Ohhh fun! Loveeee NYC! :)
I want to see some pics of you as a blond!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You have been busy...and in my blond days, it always seemed too much at first, but quickly faded some to perfection!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

How FUN! I have never been to NYC, either. What a fun reason for going.

I would have temporary amnesia with that on my mind as well.

KEEP BELIEVING

Amy said...

Have fun!

Making fun of blondes, are ya? he he he

Anonymous said...

A trip to visit the brother sans kids? Oooh. Sounds divine! And, you aren't missing the 'Stros right now are you? They're actually beating the CardS!

MommyTime said...

How about this: a picture of you, blond, in NYC, doing something the rest of us are only dreaming about (sipping a drink wearing something other than jammies after 8pm, perhaps)? Have a great trip!!

Narci D said...

Yes, I'd love to see the new color. Just one pic before you head out for your trip!

Stephanie said...

You are going to have so much fun! I just went for the 1st time in February and had a blast. It's just amazing there. I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Lisa said...

NYC!! I'm jealous! And by YOUR SELF...even better! Have a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so where's the new hair pics?? What fun you're gonna have in NYC with your bro, too cool!! Katie

Katie Ryan said...

Yes, to answer your question. American Eagle. Comes in yellow, navy, and one other color that I can't remember.

Katie Ryan said...

Yes, to answer your question. American Eagle. Comes in yellow, navy, and one other color that I can't remember.

Miss Lisa said...

welcome to the world of blondes..it's a pretty place :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.