Monday, April 28, 2008

W(h)ine

I was putting away the groceries today and I dropped a bottle of white wine which shattered. Everywhere. My usually spot-on, super-human, cat-like reflexes failed me. Miserably.

Doesn't matter that I needed it for a recipe tonight. Or that it got all over my new rug from Ikea. Or that it splashed up on my favorite pair of True Religion jeans. Or on a pair of shoes set by the door that don't fit, that needed to be returned.

It doesn't matter that I was looking forward to a glass or five after a long day of "Why's" and "Mom". And a trip from hell to the grocery store dealing with "I want" and annoying text messages from someone who apparently had way too much time on their hands, while I did not. And that I am going to have to go to a second store to get four items on my list. Ugh! Make that five.

It doesn't matter that I am apparently a dumbass because I didn't know that a rhea can't fly, but Diego knows, oh Diego knows everything. He even knows how to teach Little Bit how "to speak-a the Spanish". Maybe we could work-a on the English.

It doesn't matter that I did a new workout today where my thighs are burning and bending to sop up a bottle of wine was the last thing my poor body needed. Or that my laundry room now smells like sour grapes. And I can guarantee that the sweeping and the mopping did not work and 3 out of 4 brats will have slivers of glass in their feet tonight. And I'm out of bandaids. So make that six items on the list.

Yeah, a glass of wine sounds good right now. Maybe I'll go lick the floor.

30 comments:

April said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm a red wine drinker myself - so be grateful for that, I guess, but last night, I had this massive craving for white, which I never have. So I feel your pain. Really I do.

Unknown said...

Ugh, just what you need on a Monday.

Trust me, I've been there at the wine licking contemplation though!

Katie Ryan said...

Yeah, that sounds really bad!

suchsimplepleasures said...

so, you can just come over and have some whine...wine...with me!!!
xoxo

Katie said...

OH girl, that just stinks!! I have been way dropsy lately so I can feel your pain! Have a glass of wine for me ;) Can't wait to see ya this weekend!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, dear! Good thing it wasn't red wine!

Drink some for me...I've been wanting some for a while.

You need a hug!

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain. Really I do.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
This was so funny I laughed out loud!

Bless you...Janet

MommyTime said...

I'm so sorry.

If it's any help: I dropped a glass bowl containing four tablespoons of BLACK icing today, and the dog swooped in before I could even look, and licked up a big hunk of icing + bowl. I did manage to get the glass out of her mouth, thank goodness, but she says that she doesn't actually recommend licking the floor if what has spilled came from a (broken) glass container. Just the dog's two cents, for what it's worth...

Rachael said...

lick the floor, lol! unfortunately I am cut off from red wine for the next 9 months...(Mirrasou was(is) my favorite!!!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Amy, this was the funniest post I read all day. And I read a lot of posts on Monday. However, I am sorry I am laughing at your misfortune. But, it's nice to think of the good that can come out of SUCH tragedy, isn't it.

KEEP BELIEVING

Didi said...

You just crack me up. Go lick the floor...priceless!

Brittany said...

oh dear. I would have licked the floor. i have some REALLY old (really potent?) wine in my fridge. want some?????

KJ said...

Ooh! Your Monday sounds almost as fun as mine was! I'd say, go in the laundry room, close the door and see if you can catch a buzz off the fumes.

Narci D said...

First, I am impressed that you are cooking something that requires white wine--Has Hamburger Helper changed their ingredient list? ;) J/k!

Be glad it wasn't red, right? Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Stephanie said...

One of the many, many reasons Mondays are NOT my favorite days. I'm sorry about the wine. Ugh!

Kimberly said...

You are too funny!

Missy said...

Diego does know everything, and it is SO annoying.
:)

Anonymous said...

admittedly-I had a mega glass of wine with lunch...and copped a pretty decent buzz.

Nissa said...

Awww.. I'm sorry you had 'one of those' days!

Hope you were able to get 5 or so glasses of wine.. :)

Here's to today being a wonderful day! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I'd pick up two bottles of wine when you go out ... JUST IN CASE!

Too bad you don't live closer, I would have shared mine. :)

pb&j in a bowl said...

Go for it- lick the floor. Just make sure you don't cut your tongue!

Bonnie said...

I feel your pain. Seriously ! I feel it. And I'd be crying, if I weren't laughing so hard !! That's sympathy for you, right ! I guess it's just that life is so like that around here and if you can't laugh ... well, you know !!

I've been reading your blog for a little while now ... don't remember if I've commented before. :)

You crack me up ! That's what keeps me coming back !! :)

OHmommy said...

oh no... not the wine!

LOL. At the image of you licking the floor though. :)

Kat said...

That really sucks. At least it wasn't red wine, right?

Stephanie said...

and we wonder why we hate Mondays?!?! Sorry about the wine..hope you had better luck the second time at the store!

just jamie said...

As I sip (okay gulp) my wine right now, I am REALLY feeling for you.

Sassy said...

My paranoia set in and I was like, crap, was it me texting her???
HAHA-
Don't lick the floor, I will drive on over and bring you a fresh "BOX" of wine, LOL. Hey, at least it is unbreakable.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Don't get slivers of glass in your tongue!

LunaNik said...

Eewww...lick the floor...what a visual. LOL...I think I've done that actually ;)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.