skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Side Effects
Hey Mom, remember that I'm not blessed with your awesome instant tan Greek skin. No I'm stuck with Daddy's pasty white version that burns at the first sight of sun. So while you may have had way too much fun forcing me to ride around with the top down this weekend, LOOK at what you did to me! I knew I should have never taken that blanket off my head! And if you think that stupid aloe lotion is going to make me feel better than you are sadly mistaken. It's going to take a Webkinz, maybe two and probably some bubble gum. I plan on abusing my major powers of guilt for as long as possible. Oh and when we drive to the store, make sure you leave the top UP!
22 comments:
Oh no!!! Hopefully it heals soon. I feel her pain currently though. My own fault.
What a cute post though...
Awww...poor thing! I, too, have the pasty white skin (and so does my daughter). I've had too many of my own lobster days to count!
I find regular moisturizing lotion works better. It really helps to keep it moist and prevent the itching and peeling.
Poor baby. That's not fun at all. I suffer from the same pasty white myself. And, I'm jealous of your Grecian goddessness.
poor pasty girl! she is adorable, though! hope she's not in too much pain. i am also very envious of your skin... i can get me some good sunspots though, woo-hoo!
You are hilarious! Poor little one. I hope she feels better soon.
Kathryn - From one burn victim to another - I feel your pain! :)Avoid baths for a couple of days - and tell your Mommy to buy SPRAY aloe - it is so much better than the lotion version...Also tell your Mommy that your beautiful fair skin will allow you to look YEARS younger than your friends for many years to come...so give Daddy a hug for that one... :)
I still think you need a convertible. Just throw a bit more sunscreen in there to compensate.
ugh - I feel just awful when my babies get sunburned! I just don't think about sunscreen all the time, especially when it is this early in the "summer".
Aw!! I was just thinking how amazing it is that my kids have never had a sunburn! I had practically been baked alive by the age of six.
She's a smart little girl - hope she feels better soon. That hurts!
Yikes!! At least she got to have fun riding in the convertible!
Ahhh, the mother guilt! Well, really, what kind of a day would it be if we weren't feeling guilty about something, right?
Awww.... I'm guilty of forgetting the sunscreen too. Um ... we're just preparing their skin for the future, right?
Oh.
Do you mean to tell me that there is something you can rub on your skin that will prevent this from happening??
Ha, Ha! That makes me giggle. I would have done the same thing to my fair skinned girl!
Who wouldn't ride with the top down!?
Poor babie! She needs some extra TLC. I'm super fair, too, and burns are common.
We keep a Eucerin spray ( I think it's for dry skin) that is cooling & works well to help heal burnt skin.
Poor baby--Don't worry though, mommy. I forget that Jackson has his daddy's white pasty skin also! Their poor children have no chance do they?
Yikes.. I hope she is feeling better.. esp because I have the same white burn easy skin!!
oooh. ow. Poor thing.
nice post. :)
oh.dear. I am super pasty white, too!
Awww, Kathryn looks JUST LIKE KATHY in this picture.
Poor little thing.
We all, except hubs, have the pasty skin. It's a beast down here!!
This was fabulous!
Post a Comment