Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just doing my part

The other day we were at the neighborhood toy store. I had to get a birthday present for a friend of Kathryn's and we were waiting in line to check out with everyone else. Finally it was our turn and our cashier was a nice, teen aged boy. At this point Kathryn announced, rather loudly," I have to poop."

The boy chuckled and pointed me in the direction of the bathroom. "I'll just wrap this up for you while she's taking care of business."

Kathryn finished up and we walked to the counter to retrieve our gift. She looked at the boy and said, again rather loudly," That was a BIG poop and it was so STINKY!!"

Most definitely one of my crowning moments of motherhood. Seriously, I could have died.

I think he could have too. He didn't quite know what to make of it. And the three teen aged girls behind the counter with him were a bit clueless as well.

But I'm thinking perhaps thoughts of abstinence or at least condoms ran through their minds. Who knows, Kathryn could have singlehandedly dropped the teenage pregnancy rate.

Ah, she does her momma proud!

35 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Gotta just love those moments! It is a little funny though! I am sure they had a good laugh after you left!

Anonymous said...

LMAO. I love it. I've always thought that children are the best deterrent for teen sex. lol

Burgh Baby said...

It might work for the girls, but was probably wasted on the boy. Those boys are forever talking about their poops.

Don't ask how I know. Please.

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeet! Their parents owe you one!

April said...

That's hysterical! Yep, nothing like potty talk to kill the mood!

Dreams and Designs said...

Ahh yes. The only thing better than my two year old talking about her "tinky poopy" is when she talks about "mommys tinky poopy" with the clerk. That's awesome.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is hilarious! When do we start to realize that pooping is embarrassing? I know people that can't even go at work/school!

Hooray for decreasing teen pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

I agree, it would have been so much worse if she talked about someone else stinky pooh.

Katie said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I know exactly what you mean!

Brittany said...

Love this! Kids just have no filter. Samuel once accused ME of farting when I sat on a chair that made a squeaky sound...in front of his pediatrician...

Stephanie said...

That is hilarious!!! They sure say the craziest things, dont they?!?!

just jamie said...

Magical moment. Kind of makes you want to save it for a future prom-date story.

Kimberly said...

Too funny!!
Gotta love those moments!

Anonymous said...

You know, ten years from now when she sees this on here? She's going to freak out.

If it keeps those girls legs crossed? It was a great public service announcement.

Kat said...

HAHA!!! Now that gave me a good laugh. Thank you for that!

Unknown said...

Haha, that was hilarious, not gonna lie!

I always think I am dropping the teen pregnancy rate every time I go to the mall with the twins. I believe teens look at me, then look at them and head right to the drugstore for condoms.

Chanin said...

That is hilarious! I could see my girls doing the same thing!! lol

Unknown said...

Awesome! My son always announces his pee and poop needs. He even announces whenever my husband goes into the bathroom with a "OOOhhh, dada going to do a big stinky! Priceless!

jessica said...

that is priceless.

i have the gassiest girl on the planet, and i thought girls were supposed to be ladylike!

MarĂ­a said...

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Katie Ryan said...

hilarious!

OHmommy said...

LMAO. Nuff said!!!!!!

Narci D said...

Ah, natural birth control at it's best.

Stephanie said...

Haha - maybe I should not be in such a rush for my little one to start speaking? Haha! Classic!

Laski said...

"But I'm thinking perhaps thoughts of abstinence or at least condoms ran through their minds. Who knows, Kathryn could have singlehandedly dropped the teenage pregnancy rate."

Classic! Mom's everywhere owe Kathryn BIG TIME!

Bonnie said...

Hi. I have just started reading your blog. I don't remember how I got here, you know, you click around from one blog to the other, stumble on one you like, add it to your reader ... and well, here I am. This post (like the other ones here that I've read so far) is hilarious ! Your honesty and the real life experiences you write about are what I like best ! Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

the mama bird diaries said...

Funny.

My 3 year-old once made the same announcement in a cell phone store and then proceeded to set up her portable potty IN THE STORE.

I stopped her. Of course, they didn't have a bathroom so she had to use her potty on the streets of New York City. The kid had no shame. Just had to poop.

Caffeine Court said...

I am constantly reminding my daughters that they do not need to reveal all the nasty details after they use the "powder room!"

BookMamma said...

Ahhh... kids.
The perfect birth control - for other people!

Soge shirts said...

That is a hilarious story and blog. The line where you said she may have prevented teen pregnacies had me rolling.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

My cashier son would probably be embarrassed by the poopy remarks, too. Although, he might prefer them to having cucumbers thrown at him or a bag of dog food purposefully dropped on his foot (both of which he's experienced--retail fun!).

Found you blog hopping. :)

Kimberly McKay said...

Don't you just love an honest kid who loves to talk. We are blessed! Great story!

The Daily Stroll said...

HAHAHA! That is great! This weekend Jonah and I were in Walgreens and he decided to "toot" right as we reached the counter. Then he informed very loudly to the teenage cashier "I TOOTED! HEHEHE!" He had the biggest grin on his face! She thought it was pretty funny too so I guess that's good! All you can do is laugh! ;)

LunaNik said...

Oh I LOVE this! What a little pisser (or pooper?) she is!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.