Saturday, April 26, 2008

Royal Pains

We were getting ready to leave and have some lunch. While I was dealing with Emma and one of her many tantrums of the morning, Alli decided that she "needed" to flat iron her hair. I started huffing and puffing because I was hungry and ready to go! Emma walked up and said," Yeah come on Alli, stop being such a princess and let's just go."

Alli replied, "Me, a princess? Well what does that make you?"

"Duh, a drama queen!" Emma said, as she flipped her hair, turned and walked away.

23 comments:

Sarabeth said...

Great story. Print that out to put on the refrigerator.

Anonymous said...

OH, that's brilliant! At least she recognizes the queen in her. lol

the mama bird diaries said...

I have two young girls and you just gave me a glimpse into the future. :)

Funny.

jessica said...

oh, those days are looming... that is way funny.

Laski said...

Do you just ever sit back and enjoy the show . . . so dang entertaining!

Bright and brilliant, too, of course!

MommyTime said...

HAhahah. Very funny -- and I love the post title too. The good news is: at least you are all very witty. :)

Unknown said...

I remember the "need" days. Like, I needed to curl my bangs or else the world was going to end...I needed this certain pair of $80 jeans or I might as well commit social suicide. My poor mom...I was a total drama queen AND princess.

I'm totally getting it back, times two.

MarĂ­a said...

LOLOLOL! They are awesome.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

At least they know where they stand! That's too funny! I can only wait for mine to recognize her "royal" status.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Oh my! The brutal honesty of a child looking into her own life. I love this!

KEEP BELIEVING

As Cape Cod Turns said...

So, so FUNNY!

Katie said...

Hee Hee, LOVE that!! Maybe it's in the name Emma?? Cuz you know my little Em is quite the drama queen as well! ;)

Katie Ryan said...

Too funny!

April said...

And did you correct her that, as mother, you carry the queen title ;)(

Anonymous said...

That was too cute!

Brittany said...

SASSSSY.

pb&j in a bowl said...

Too cute! Maddie told me that since she was a princess, I was the queen. The Queen of Mean. It made my day.

Cynthia said...

Well it's good she's got that straightened out;)

krissy said...

Sounds something similar to my mornings. Drives me nuts!!

But at least she confesses to being a drama queen. Mine just blames me for everything.

Narci D said...

Funny girl!

Stephanie said...

Classic. I love it. The sole reason I would love to have more girls :)

Ed (zoesdad) said...

My little princesses have not thought yet to dethrone Mom as queen.

That is hillarious!

BookMamma said...

HA! Love the wit of your girls!
SA-SSY!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.