Monday, September 3, 2007

Hi, I'm new here.

Well not really. Honestly I have been hiding out in one kitchen cabinet or another for the last 13 years. I just sit there, right next to the blender. She always gets to go out and play! I can count on my electrical prongs how many times I've been used, yep twice. And not even by my owner. No, company came over and used me, once for green beans and once for queso.

Sure, I'm not the prettiest thing but I know that I can be a valuable asset to this family. See I've been watching how the first week of school and extra curricular activities has unraveled, and I can tell you my friends, it's not pretty. My owner rushes in and out the door multiple times a day, taking who knows what kid to God knows where. And then she rushes into the kitchen in a state of panic trying to figure out what she can throw together quickly to feed her motley crew. If she only knew what I was capable of! How much simpler her life would be.


So if some of you could maybe put in a word for me, I'd appreciate it. See I don't think that she quite knows what to do with me. She's not aware of all the yummy concoctions I'm capable of, and at 10 in the morning! If you have some ideas, please send them her way. It gets really dark in the cabinet and a bit stuffy. And I'm tired of the blender telling me about all of her fun adventures!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I would love some more crock pot recipes myself. My favorite is a roast in the crock pot. Put a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix on the roast and then some water. Cook it on low most of the day! So good!! Then, you can add veggies(that is if you are willing to try any for the last 30 min)...carrots, potatoes, etc.

Anonymous said...

I remember you!! 9 years ago you spilled green bean juice all over Amy and Steven's BRAND NEW Expedition on the way to Thanksgiving Dinner at Sally's!!!

Sassy said...

There is a crock pot recipe book out there. I will see if I can find my recipe book...Although, my Crock Pot is also experiencing solitary confinement!

Unknown said...

Maybe I will make something in the crock pot today. That sounds easy.

The Van Epps said...

I love the crock pot!
Make some Taco Soup- it is so easy.
Brown some ground beef and put it in the crock pot with Ranch Style Beans, can of corn, can of rotel, big can of stew tomatoes, Garbonzo beans, one cut up onion and a packet of taco seasoning and ranch dressing seasoning. Serve with chips and cheese.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.