Sunday, September 9, 2007

Kickoff Weekend, Baby!

Oh yeah, it's finally here!! The NFL season is in full force. Steven and I are pumped and the girls can't wait for February when it's all over!

We were blessed to get tickets to the Texans opener today and let me tell you, what a blast! We decided it was time to take Alli and Abby for their first football experience and they experienced it in style. First off, a little tailgating with some friends. Sausage, steak, kebabs, meat, that's what it's all about, meat. Oh yeah and some beer. We had fun relaxing and talking and sitting in front of the fabulous misting fan one of the guys had brought, because it was hotter than Hades out there. I think tailgating is best left for November, but still a good time!


Then we went in for the game. The seats, oh my gosh, 25 yard line, 5 rows back, behind the Texans bench. AWESOME!!!


And while I might not be able to teach my girls how to properly apply eyeliner, I sure taught them a lot about football today. The difference between offense and defense, explained the concept of the four downs, pointed out penalties, and educated them on all the chants that are required of the hometown crowd. They really got into it and were cheering and dancing along, and then the little brats, at their first game ever, got on the JumboTron!! Yep, they were jumping around to Jump Around, and there they were in all their glory in front of 60,000 fans. It was a moment!!


The Texans kicked ass! It was the best I have ever seen them play. The defense actually showed up and our new quarterback looks like he might just work out. I, however, will not get my hopes up like the rest of the yahoos in the stadium, saying we're going all the way, Superbowl baby! Let's just have a winning season. I don't think that's too much to ask. Maybe even go .500? Yeah, let's just keep it real!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you during football season, you are really at your best Amy.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.