When Steven told me that we were moving back to Houston, there was only one place I wanted to live, our old neighborhood. This was the neighborhood where we had built our first home together. It was a place where I actually felt like part of the community, where after so feeling alone as a young mom, I finally got to meet other mothers who didn't care about my age. We had great neighbors who became great friends. We loved the parks, the trails, the school, and that's why we came back. Here is the house that Emma was "borned in".

Today was such a GORGEOUS day that I took the little ones to the park. It is the first time since we have moved back that we have gone to this particular park, and it brought up a lot of memories. This is the park where I took Alli and Abby to play everyday, and now I was taking the younger set. Everyday we walked around the lake, stomped on the pier, ran through the grass, and had races on the slide. Today Emma, Kathryn and I did all the things I used to do with their sisters five years ago.



In fact we had so much fun that we stayed there for 3 hours!! A whole hour of that was devoted to just pushing the girls on the swings. There is no need to go to the gym for an upper body workout, really just push your kids on the swings, and you will feel the burn I am right now!! We had such a great time. We packed a cooler and while we were having our snack, Emma spewed her words of wisdom for the day:
Healthy snacks are really good for you, but Spongebob crackers are a lot more fun!!Most of the shots I took today, I have pics of Alli and Abby doing the same things. I wish I had a scanner so that I could show you all.

Which leads to another passing of the torch here. I finally got my new camera. It has been sitting in a box for a few weeks, software waiting to be loaded, battery waiting to be charged, and manual waiting to be read. Finally two of the three tasks are accomplished, I'll read later. I really, Really, REALLY wanted to get an SLR but I needed a new point and shoot too. So I figured go ahead and get the one that doesn't break the bank right now, and put the other on my Christmas list. Are you reading this honey?
Big Hint: SLR for Christmas!!
So maybe tomorrow I can get some good shots of Emma with my new best friend. But I won't count on it, because the soccer game is at 8am, and I don't do anything good that early, except drool on my pillow!
No comments:
Post a Comment