Monday, March 26, 2007

The Curse of My Black Thumb

As I was washing the dishes this morning, I happened to look at the windowsill and noticed that Hula was not doing too good. Well, really, who am I kidding? Hula is dead!! It occurred to me that I haven't watered the poor grasshead since we have been back from the beach, she hadn't been watered while we were at the beach, and come to think of it, probably not watered for the two weeks before the beach. The curse of my black thumb has claimed another innocent life. I just cannot keep plants alive. Maybe it's because they are so quiet. I mean the girls tell me at least 57 times a day that they need to be fed and watered, I'm certain that's why they're all still living. If Hula would have just spoken up and said, "Hey can I get a drink here?", this would have never happened.
So of course I have not let Emma know yet that her poor friend is done for this world. I am trying desperately though to revive the thing. I soaked Hula's head in water, filled up the vase, put her in direct rays of sunshine, and said a prayer to the voodoo grasshead God. I am, however, not optimistic!

2 comments:

JKMN said...

So true...I have the black thumb too. The only plants I keep alive are ones that are watered by the sprinkler system. And I never realized until you mentioned it - it is because plants aren't able to be annoying like dogs and children are.

Brittany said...

if its alive and categorized as a type of vegetaion, I will be sure to kill it off...

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.