Just planning to hang around the house, when Emma asks: What are we doing today?
Umm, nothing, we'll play here.
But you said we would do something fun. You told me if I went to bed and was a good girl and let you watch your shows, we would have fun. You promised!!
Ouch! She broke out the "p" word. And she's right, I did promise, and I like to try to keep my word with my children, unless it involves painting polka dots on walls.
So I loaded up the girls still not sure of what we were doing when Emma reminded me that Alli promised she would paint her nails and she didn't do that either. Poor girl, she's never gonna trust anyone. But the lightbulb went on, and mani/pedis it was!
The girls had a blast and were the hit of the salon. They were so thrilled with all the attention that they were getting. I have never seen Kathryn sit so still in her life! The ladies asked if I wanted a pedicure as well, but I informed them that I would be back tomorrow. Alone, with my trash magazines.
After their nails were done I took them to Red Robin to get milkshakes and lunch. They thought that restaurant was pretty neat. So there you go, a very quick, neat, cheap, impromptu Fun Friday was had by all!


1 comment:
Good Mommy!!! Your dreadful fridays are my "cinderella mondays", you know the one's...where you have to clean the castle and wait on the princesses hand and foot...Ok, so everyday I have to wait on the princesses, but you get the drift...
Your girls are growing up so fast, my goodness...
Post a Comment