As with every woman, I am 3000 roles in one body. I play wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter,neighbor, blah, blah, blah... I call them my alter egos. And I have named them all.
Most of the time I go by Amy or Mommy. When hanging with HMIMs, Meredith almost always makes an appearance. Diana has been retired, but she was a lot of fun. I'm gonna let you in on a secret, none of these are my real name.
It is a Greek tradition that the firstborn daughter be named after the father's mother. My yia yia's name was Bilio. Somehow my fabulous mother convinced my father that the English translation was Amelia. It's not, I looked it up, it's Bilio. Thank you Mom!! Can you imagine me walking around with a name like Bilio??
Now most of you already know how I absolutely despise my name. Very traumatic memories involving the school playground and a ditsy maid. But in third grade, I decided I wanted to be called Amelia, because it was very fancy and grown up, and I was ready to be grown up. So I informed my teacher, friends, bus driver, and mother, that Amy would no longer do. I don't think my Mom ever complied. Good thing because in fourth grade, tree climbing, boy playing, bike riding, baseball loving Amy was back!
Every so often though, Amelia makes an appearance. When she's feeling very grown up and fancy. Like today. Mommy dropped off Kathryn with Granny (thanks you Kathy!) and Amy went to the Houstonian to get a massage. When Amy went to park her thank God I washed it Expedition among the rows of Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches, and even a Ferrari, it was necessary for Amelia to exit the vehicle. She has had some experience with spas and massages, but was totally blown away today. It was the best massage of her whole entire life!! Thanks Jeff and Janet! It was so good, that I am trying to decide which child to sell so I can budget in a monthly visit. But it was really so funny just to sit in the relaxation room and listen to the stories of all the other women there, get a glimpse of how the other half live.
After hearing enough to make Amelia want to gag her herself with the silver spoon these ladies were apparently born with, it was time for lunch. Now she would have loved to stay and had lunch there, but couldn't bring herself to spend 15 bucks on a Caesar salad. So she went to La Madeleine, which she never gets to do because no one likes to go there with Mommy. And she had her lunch on the patio with a glass of wine because that's what sophisticated, fancy people do. And she enjoyed the continuing silence of her day.
She enjoyed it so much that she was 10 minutes late to pick up Emma from school. Mommy where were you? I'm the last kid here! What took you so long? Can we go get that new Bratz doll? Yes, Mommy was back.
But Amelia had a nice, relaxing, well-deserved day and thinks that she should make appearances more often. But if any of you tease her about her name, Amy will appear, give you a wedgie and kick you in the head. Because after all, that's who you all know and love the best!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


5 comments:
If/when Tony comes around-and we had another girl I am SO naming her Amelia.(seriously)
you were named after a bilio, it's a beautiful name and so much prettier than the one that rhymes with bedilia. don'tforget your heritage, at the end of the day it's half of what you are. amelia is nothing more than a good pilot, and you have never flown a plane. stick to what you know best!
sorry.....that came off bad. i was trying to say be proud of your name, no matter how ugly or beautiful you think it might be, you shine above all of that and nothing else matters.
(how's that for recovery huh?)
I love the name Amelia, but you are an Amy through and through (when you aren't a Meredith, that is!)
Hell, you could've eaten at the SPAAAHHH. La Madeline is just as expensive. But, gurl, the tomato basil is da BOMB. Next time, have Amelia call Charika, ok?
Post a Comment