Monday, March 12, 2007

Greetings from Galveston

We are spending our Spring Break at the mansion by the sea and we are off to a rip-roaring start!
To begin with, I find it very ironic that I can drive across the country with my four children and limit everyone to what they can fit in one duffel bag. BUT, I drive an hour to Galveston and literally pack our whole household, when really all we need is underwear and bathing suits. Of course the one thing that I did manage to forget is the cord for the camera to the computer. So even though I got many cute shots today, you can't see them. Uh-uh, no way, sorry!
We started the morning with an awesome rain storm, I love storms at the beach! Something is always a little frightening about them, but for some reason they seem so much cooler here. So obviously our plan for beach time was ruined. So after getting two mommies and seven daughters ready, we were off to Moody Gardens.
While driving there Emma informed me that she did not want to go to the Aquarium, because we always go to the Aquarium and she really, really wanted to go to the white pyramid. The rain forest it was, where all the girls had a great time, and I once again got to demonstrate my genius abilities by correctly identifying every plant and animal. I wonder how long until they catch on...
We came back to the house for lunch and play outside, and then back to Moody for the Lego Racers 4D film, super cool!! We decided to take our friends to the Aquarium and had a blast there as well. I am pleased to announce that Kathryn is no longer a dog, she has traded one bark for another and is now a seal! I have never seen the seals so active, or heard them be so loud. It was a lot of fun to watch. And we got to see a week-old baby penguin, how cool is that?
We came back, cooked dinner, cleaned house, well at least the kids are on vacation... We're such cool moms that we are baking cookies and eating dough at 10pm. Hoping for cooperative weather and beach time tomorrow.
Off to try and put our sugar-rush monkeys to bed. Yeah right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! I wish i was at a beach house with FRIENDS!!!! HMM. We're off to Grandma's house later this week, for some R&R. Enjoy your beach time, we look forward to your many great shots, way to go AMY for leaving your cord at home! Dont they have a BEST BUY in Galveston? ALSO, let the girls know that Sam liked the new hair do's! Good NIGHT!

Brittany said...

ooooohhhhh..I am so wishing I was there right now, sipping a marg by the sea.....

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.