Kathryn does not sleep very well. She wakes up every night spewing some kind of nonsense. The past few nights I have been awakened by a blood-curdling scream of I want to go to the zoo!! Today I complied.
We got a late start this morning so we just hit the important animals so that we would have plenty of time to ride the train. After all, that's really why I drove all the way into town, for the train. Emma was really fascinated with the "Timons", those are meerkats for you non-Lion King watching folks. And look how cute the baby elephant is!
While looking at all the animals, Emma asked,"Wow, Mom, how do you know so much?" I remember thinking that my mom was always a genius too. Now I know why, she could read, I can read. So I told Emma,"I'm just really smart!"
We had a great time, and even signed up for a membership. I see many trips in our future. While pulling away, Kathryn screamed,"I want to go to the zoo!" Here's to monkeying around!


1 comment:
I still renew my Houston Zoo membership-for no other reason than to guarantee that I will be a Houstonian again. Thanks for the picture of the new baby Elephant. If you will recall a break down at zoo several years back(the same summer we doubted Belle could read) when she, herself read the "In Loving Memory" of the latest baby elephant. She remembered that the mommy was due right around the time she would turn 7.
Post a Comment