I used to have one. I used to have the best memory ever. And then the more kids I had, the more brain cells they took with them when they exited the vessel, and I'm assuming the majority of those cells had to do with my memory.I deal with 3 different schools. And I'm very lucky to have neighbors that deal with these same schools otherwise I would miss everything. A wealth of information is learned at the bus stop every day, usually resulting in my rearranging our already chaotic schedule to accommodate some school event or another.
The latest happening is of course "picture day". Not that I really need to be present for that one, but the girls do. And they should be dressed accordingly. And I went shopping on Tuesday, anticipating Kathryn's picture day on Wednesday, only to find out it had been on Monday. And on Monday she was wearing a t-shirt with a sun on it with the word beach splayed across it, which I'm sure looked just fab in front of the autumn trees background.
This morning I dressed Emma in a new shirt I had bought for her, that I thought would be cute for whenever picture day rolled around. Later on I found out that picture day would be rolling around...tomorrow. And we all know that girls do not wear the same thing two days in a month much less two days in a row.
I did remember at the very last minute that I had a moms function at the local nail salon. Everyone was asked to bring a snack. I busted out my old, easy, super quick favorite. I was first introduced to these yummy treats years ago by my sweet friend Andrea at a baby shower. And then got reacquainted two years ago thanks to my sweet friend Sarah. And ever since then, it's what I bring to functions. They are seriously the easiest things in the world to make and the biggest hit wherever I take them. Really the hardest part about making this scrumptious snack is unwrapping the Rolo's. Directions are posted at Hot Moms Cook.
So last Christmas when my neighbor Sarah and her kids delivered homemade packages of MY Rolo Treats door to door, I was so bummed I didn't think of it first. I mean I can totally keep up with Sarah. We've both got four kids. Except she is always doing fun crafts with her kids or searching for the latest in owl fashions or baking fantastic cakes or taking fabulous photos or oh yeah, pursuing a PhD. She might make me feel a tad bit inadequate at times. That's okay though because I totally want to be just like her and think she's awesome. And I'm counting on her to let me know when the middle school picture day is.
And while I did remember nail night, several moms did not. Which left me with a large Tupperware container filled with Rolo Treats. And next week when I step on the scale and see that I've gained 4 pounds, I'm totally not going to remember that I ate the whole damn thing.


20 comments:
I have a couple of Sarahs in my life too.
And. I am so going to beat them this year and make THAT same treat for our bake sale. Cute idea and I love ROLOS.
Thanks for the shout out!! ;)
i make these all the time!
Except I melt the rolos on the pretzels just a teeny bit in the oven and top them with a pecan or a walnut instead of an m&m :-)
Great minds darling, darling :-)
Sarah's like that are just wrong.
Yum! I would have helped you eat 'em! Those look great. :)
we love those rolo treats! I always take them to cookie exchanges, because I can't bake a cookie to save my life!
I just love those! Except I've had them with pecans on top (so it's sort of like a turtle).
I can hardly wait to have mom competitions.
How do they stay together? ( hey it's early and I am so not awake.)
I sent my kids to school on picture day without brushing their hair.
My wife was not happy. (I guess that's why they have re-take day.)
You could have called. I would have been more than willing to split and only have a 2lb gain each next week ;)
Oh, hell. Ignore the weight & it'll disappear. Or at least that is what I tell myself when I slip the Spanx on to fit in my clothes.
Did you see my Phineas & Ferb news?
*sigh* I SO want to be a Sarah and I am SO not! If she could bottle and sell the secret she could be a millionaire ;)
The majority of my brain cells have exited through my breast milk, I'm sure.
*sigh*
Those are cute!
I just made cookies for a work meeting tomorrow and have eaten like 12 of them... now that judgement S.O.B of an O.B doc will judge me on Monday at my next appointment... $hit~
Hey! It's me...Sarah. Thanks to Amy for making me "look" all put together, but if you walked into my house right now you might snicker and whisper behind your hand that the place is a wreck. Cuz it is. But just know that while my house is a wreck, I'm writing papers on feminist theory...which is really just standing up for all of us gals who feel so very bad when our houses are wrecks. I refuse to be defined by cracker crumbs. Right???
Wanna send me some of those Rolo Things? I need to gain some weight, remember?!?! ;) lol
Seriously. I am so making those this weekend!
What a cute snack...
I understand the memory lose completely. I am right thier with you.
That concoction seems so weird to me. I will have to make it to see what the fuss is about, cause here in Oz pretzels and chocolate are never seen together...
And the memory thing? It is now all over the internets woman! You should have just filed it under 'things to not remember'...
If it makes you feel any better, you're one of the Sarahs in my life!
What a great post! I was laughing so hard about the picture day attire. Been there, too. Rolos look delish!
I need chocolate now.. grrr.. I am mailing you the four pounds I gain..lol..
And I have a mom like that in my life..I want to kick her.. with a smile of course..LOL
Post a Comment