Monday, October 6, 2008

Gridiron Gals

Five weeks in and we finally get to go to a home game!! Damn that hurricane for messing everything up. But it did a nice number on the stadium's roof which forces it to be open all season and I kinda like that. I mean we spent millions of tax dollars to have a retractable roof and I think the thing's only been retracted 3 times?? Football is rough and tough, down and dirty, a game to be played in the elements, not in some prissy-sissy A/Ced arena. That being said, we did have a fab time watching the game from the suite ;-)

We're fans. Big fans. I've said it a million times, their husbands are going to L O V E me for raising these girls right! So of course we had to get our game faces on:



And of course Emma had to go and be all bigger and better than the rest of us. But I expect nothing less.

It was a heartbreaking game. The last four minutes were easily the worst of any game I have ever been to in my life. How do you blow a 17 point lead, allowing the other team to score 21 points in 2 minutes and 10 seconds? I"ll tell you how...

You're the backup quarterback who the night before spiked the starter's chili with a little something to give him an upset stomach. You go in and are playing a great game before you realize Holy Crap, we're winning and I totally bet against us so I better fix this fast. Then you have two bone headed fumbles and throw an interception miles away from where anyone wearing the same color you were was standing. But then you roll in the dough from your bookie so you're all good, but once again us Houston fans are pissed!

It's okay. The only saving grace in all this was the TD scored by the other team to take the lead was scored by my wide receiver. So while the rest of the stadium was letting out a barrage of BOOs and You Sucks I was inauspiciously doing a fist pump and mouthing a silent YEAH.

There's no "I" in team, but there's an "M" and "E" and that's what its all about. A win's a win, and I don't care who gets hurt while I get it.

Next week, it will be the husband.

17 comments:

Ed (zoesdad) said...

I've got Slaten so I was happy to see him do well. I also picked the Colts so I was not too upset when things started falling apart. Fun game!

Stephanie said...

SERIOUSLY...that was the worst game I have ever seen! (ok, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but hey) I LOVE my Texans, but that was just unbelieveable!
Love the pic though! ;) Too cute!

GoteeMan said...

I know the feeling... I was mourning the upset of my Bulldogs last Saturday (a week ago) to Bama...

I heard that after the game, the Bama coach was arrested for cruelty to animals... specifically Dawgs...

at least you got to spend the time with the kids... that makes priceless memories, no matter who wins...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

pb&j in a bowl said...

Maddie get so confused in our house because she knows we are Titans fans, and doesn't understand why my husband cheers for other random players. He tries to explain it, but I'm afraid fantasy football is a little over a four year old's head.

oh yeah-

GO TITANS!!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

You guys look great and really that's all that matters, win or lose!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Aren't you and your girls adorable!!!

At least you got to go to the game, right?

Anonymous said...

I knew you were there & I was so feeling your pain. I didn't even watch the game until that debacle began. Train wreck?

April said...

Yeah, that plan doesn't always work out. My sis is a HUGE football fan, and she married a guy who knew nothing about it. It took nearly 10 years, but he's finally starting to get into it.

Kat said...

Sounds like my Badgers last week. We were leading 19-0 heading into the 4th quarter and ending up loosing 25-27. WTF??? P me off!!!


You are a great looking bunch of fans! Way to raise them right, mom! :)

MommyTime said...

You are all adorable! I love this.

And, Hi Kathryn *waving* from another Badger fan.

Stephanie said...

This game made me SICK! 0-4 again! Ugh!!!

But enough about that horrid game. You girls look adorable!

And my FF name is GridironGal - like your title. Too funny :)

Didi said...

Hey...hope y'all are doing well. Sorry I've been so swamped and FINALLY checking blogs! Love the pick of you and the girls. Glad y'all are fine from Ike.

Narci D said...

A Future pro-QB's wife needs to be a fan of the game, dontcha' think? ;)

Momisodes said...

You all look fab in that shot though :)

Oh, and "but there's an "M" and "E" and that's what its all about." LOVE that :)

erin carlyle said...

You are so stinking cute!!!!!

Momo Fali said...

Too funny! We're big football fans in this house too, so I can appreciate being happy that your fantasy team is doing well, even when your REAL team isn't.

Anonymous said...

Okay.. I so wish we could go to a game together.. though my face paint may be a little bigger than Emma's..LOL

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.