Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hanging Tough

So 15 years ago, I was not a fan. I was into Nirvana and The Cult and Nine Inch Nails and basically anything other than these guys:


Umm, hello, my name is Amy and I went to a New Kids on the Block concert. And I even had fun. No that's not true, I had a BLAST!!

We were singing and drinking and dancing and drinking and screaming. Let me tell you something. I've been to my fair share of Jonas Brothers concerts. I will let you know that those teenage girls have nothing on us ladies in our 30s. Nothing. And the whole arena was a sea of desperate housewives:



Really, I don't think I saw any men there. And obviously the "kids" have caught on to the fact that their fan base is older and probably has a little more money than they did back in the day because they were charging 40 bucks for a concert tank top. No, I didn't get one.

We had a great time and while I was hanging tough with the ladies:



Abby had a "concert" of her own. Her first little show with the violin. And she was a wee bit upset that I didn't make it, but a mom's gotta have her fun too right? And luckily Steven had camera phone in hand so it's like I was almost there.



And you know when that Jonas Brothers reunion tour rolls around in the future, I fully expect her to blow off her kids too!

10 comments:

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Was Marky Mark there?

And not to stir a pot--but I think I'd have gone to the violin concert. But I'm a dude and I grew up thinking NKOTB were uhm...not cool!

Laura Marchant said...

How fun! I can just imagine what it was like.

Stephanie said...

No fair, this sucks..no you suck, we are not friends anymore, sad face...
ok, I guess I'll forgive you, but just so you know..
I'm jealous!
I really wanted to go, but since I'm going to Madonna next month and went to George Michael last month, I didnt get tickets to NKOTB. :(
Glad you go to go and you girls looked like you had a blast!
She looked super proud at her concert...and when JB has a reunion, I'm sure she will ditch her kids too!

Mr Lady said...

YOU DID WHAT?????

Oh, nononononono.

Haven't you sacrificed ENOUGH for your kids already?

Anonymous said...

Dude... There's some total misconception that you were either a "The Cult" kind of girl or a NKOTB kind of girl. But not both.

But it's NOT TRUE. You can totally be both. LOL.

And I am sooooo jealous.

(But yay! for Abby. Bet she did beautifully.)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Stephanie said...

My SIL went to this concert and had a blast as well! I'm so glad you had a good time.

And the Jonas Brothers reunion tour??? Hahaha! Love it!

erin carlyle said...

Looks like y'all had a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Abby looks stinky adorable!!! how cute..

And I so wanted to date Jordan Knight until I saw him on that reality show.. he is kind creepy..hahahaha

Looks like a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, say it ain't so! That's too funny. My friend Catwoman tried to plan her c-section around the concert. Our OB said to wait until the next tour.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.