Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another one bites the dust

So it has been a wild and wacky weekend of football. Let's just start with all the last second wins. Mainly the Texans. Which we happened to miss. Because we had to leave early to take Alli to her Cotillion meeting. Yes, I said Cotillion. The girl is learning the how to about etiquette and waltzes and all that fun stuff. She's gonna attend dances complete with finger sandwiches and punch. And she's hating every minute of it. Which I'm loving, because it's my job as a mom to make sure my teenager is unhappy.

Anyway, the Texans. WOW!! And even though we missed it in person, we got to relive it over and over and over. Because you know I fall asleep to ESPN News and Matt Schaub's little QB sneak was one of THE highlights of the night.

I told you a few weeks back how there were just a few games in fantasy that were must wins for me this year. My dear sweet friend's husband, check. My husband's best friend, check. My husband, CHECK! Yes, it was a long weekend at our house and it came down to the wire. But I pulled it off and didn't even have to flash my boobs or anything. I won fair and square. Good thing too, because I threatened a killer shopping spree to console myself had I lost. But now I'm thinking I need that shopping spree to celebrate my win. Really, he should just be happy that I won because I would have been a terrible, moody bitch for a long, LONG time had I not. But moot point, because I won, and I'm happy, which means he'll be happy ;-)

And the biggest, best game of all...

HOOK 'EM!

What can I say but A-MAZ-ING! Of course I am only a fan, guilty by association. My brother would most likely hang me by my toenails if I cheered for anyone else. Speaking of my brother, I spoke to him after the game. He was quite emotional. Perhaps a bottle of Patron in celebration will do that to a person. But he was crying, in tears, so stinkin' excited about the win.

In tears. Much like he'll be come next week when I get my final must win in fantasy. At least he'll be here in person to take his loss. Heck, I might even buy him some Patron to drown his sorrows. Because I'm such a gracious winner and all.

Really, I am, just ask my husband.

14 comments:

Dreams and Designs said...

Sounds like you are on a roll! You need to find yourself a bookie!! :)

Stephanie said...

The Longhorn win was pretty amazing! And I'm not into college football.

I had lost hope on the Texans... but I still picked them over Miami and thankfully WON that one! Nice!

Brittany said...

ha ha ha you're hilarious! Way to go!

Stephanie said...

Go Texans..go Longhorns...go fantasy football..go winner..go shopping spree..and as much as I hate to say it...go Patron!!!!
That was a great win for the Texans..I was pretty estatic myself!!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I so LOVE your football posts. I really do. ANd I woud LOVE to hang with you, drink some beers, tailgate and get all silly at a game. You are such a fun fan.

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

tears? pleeeeeease.

this weekend? bring it! it's gonna hurt so bad for you to watch andre johnson drop 30 on you in person!

And for the record, we blew through the firs bottle of Patron and nearly killed a second...

Laski said...

Oh, man. You are good.

Makes me wish I lived in TX.

Our team . . . um, not so much.

MI.

Ugh.

Narci D said...

I second the celebratory shopping spree, but I vote that you must wait until I get there to start shopping. I mean, we're going to have to do SOMETHING to keep us busy while the boys are away, right? ;)

Lisa said...

You sure know how to pick 'em.

Anonymous said...

When do I play you in FFB? I'm doing okay in the Plurk league and pure crappola in the other ones. UGH.

I am still on cloud nine about the Horns..but as the Irish choked it up big time, I can gloat too much. But, I'm allowed to cheer like a true fan for only two UT games a year (A&M obviously the other) & I went bananas.

Anonymous said...

Why did that say anon? I totally clicked my name. Stupid blogger. MOVE to WP!

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY!! What is going on?

Anonymous said...

I totally see a new pair of jeans in your future!! :)

Rhea said...

The Longhorn game last weekend was just amazing. Not that I watched it...but I heard the play by plays from my husband, my father and my son.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.