Here's the deal, being that I am the mom in the house, it is my job to know where everything is. Therefore it is automatically assumed that I know where Squiggles is. And I do, cuz I'm the mom and that's my job. The problem is, I can't see her. She's under there:

Yep, under the bed. The bed which we have pulled the mattress off of to see through the slats and find where she's holed up. Only we can't see her because she's all of a freaking inch long. And behind those drawers is a solid wood divider which is raised about a centimeter above the ground and which no item in this house would fit under. Except the hamster.
Last night we filled up her food dish. This morning it was all gone. Seems she made a billion and one trips back and forth to move her grub to her new residence. And Emma slept through the whole thing. Really she couldn't have just shut the gate once? But then again she sleeps through the silent wheel (no such thing, don't believe the box) action all night long.
So tonight we filled up the food dish once again. And the rat bit early. She was out the shoot before Emma was asleep and just as quickly back before Steven could snatch her. I imagine she's saying something along the lines of HAHA old dude, you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man right about now.
And while I was waiting for the football game to finish up and see if I have managed a win this week, I went upstairs on a stakeout to see if I could trap her. Only there's no more bait, the damn thing's already emptied her food dish.
She's fast, she's small, she's living under the bed, my head and back hurt from trying to catch the little bugger and she's no longer my favorite pet. Congratulations Kanga, you've been promoted!
At least until I get a cat...


13 comments:
I've got it---you need a glue trap!
It may get messy..
That dang rodent! He/she is now your nemesis!
But, on a side note...Emma's room is ADORABLE!
What a little stink weed! I say fill the dish with arsenic... that will stop her! ;) haha. just kidding... that wouldn't be nice.
Haha! I'm sorry I am laughing at your troubles, but that really is a bit entertaining. I do hope you catch the wee thing quickly though!
Pottery Barn Kids?? I love it! I was looking at the same one for Miss Karys :)
Ok. So my daughter has always wanted a hamster for as long as she's been talking.... But you just talked me out of it.
HaHa--good luck with catching the little guy/gal. At least you know it's still alive?
Dang sneaky hamster. lol
Love your daughter's room. Very cute.
Sassy little thing!
Can the drawers on the bed pull all the way out so you could maybe dig the little stinker out? Could you lure her out with food and then slide a big piece of cardboard or wood across the opening before she scurries back? I have no idea.
Good luck!
Is it starting to smell under there? UGH. GO get that devil vermin!
i really love the colors of emma's room. hopefully you will catch the furry animal soon
Your daughter's room is freaking awesome. I love it.
That is one smart hamster! I'm so sorry you are battling this. You are right that it's pointless to move the bed, however. The little critter will be in a new hiding place by the time you manage that anyway. I hope sitting sentry by the cage eventually works! (You don't suppose she's feeding babies under there, do you?)
Finally Kanga gets the recognition she deserves!
Post a Comment