Saturday, October 25, 2008

Quick Thinking

The other night we were going out to dinner and Emma had to pretty herself up. She sprayed on some perfume and applied a lot little lipstick. And then she asked how she looked.

"Like a hooker", I replied.

"What's that?" she asked.

"A fisherman", I answered, without a second's hesitation.

9 comments:

Katie Ryan said...

I'll have to remember that quick save!
I went to Chuy's and Sam's last night with my 7-year-old girl wearing scarlett red lipstick!

Anonymous said...

Wa..Huh..Uh!!

I was just about to remind you of that time we were at the mall with Belle and she picked up the little hook for socks and yelled 'Hey mom! A hooker!!'

BUT THEN I saw CHUYS and. well. Now I am just hungry and pissed.

lillinda said...

I'm a first time reader and I enjoyed your blog. Cute brother !!!
My little brother once put red magic Marker spots on his face and got a day out of school. Me and big sister were so jealous cause we knew what he'd done and mama wouldn't listen when we tried to explain. We were mad until we got home and found that he'd spent his whole day mopping the house and cleaning the frig ! She taught him a lesson !
Linda

MommyTime said...

Hahahah! That's hilarious. Much better than my answer when my son asked me the other day, "Mama, what's a drag queen?" He's 4.5 yrs old. Apparently a cartoon movie he watched recently mentioned drag queens. Nice, huh? I wasn't quick enough to invent something about queens who haul stuff around, and then I had to spend ages trying to explain WHY some men like to dress up as women and think it's funny. *sigh*

Stephanie said...

Holy hooker...that was funny!
Way to be quick on your feet!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That was a close one!!

And, who is this "p" mentioning chuy's like that...it's not right!

Stephanie said...

Hahahahaha!

Now that IS some quick thinking!

rachel... said...

Ha!

I heard my (one!) son referring to one of his sisters as a "hooker" the other day. Horrified, I asked him if he even KNEW what a hooker WAS. Of course, he answered "They catch fish?"

Carry on, then.

Anonymous said...

ba hahahahaha..

very very quick thinking..

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.