Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The return of Football "Chic"k


I'm not gonna lie. I get a little worked up about football season. In particular, fantasy football season. See I'm a gal in a guy's world, and that's okay I like it. I talk smack when I'm winning big and I pull the dumb girl, what do I know about football card when I'm losing. It works great.

But I like my team this year. Here let's meet one of my players. Introducing my bulging disc, bad back, no receivers to throw to, absence of a run game, smokin' hot quarterback. Oh yeah he's one I can totally play off that I picked because he's cute.







The thing is, I get way too worked up about these games. I've got something the guys don't. Estrogen. And estrogen and football sometimes are not a good mix. Especially when you throw a little Greek blood in there too. You seriously, probably, don't want to hang out with me on Sundays. The potential for screaming rages, crying fits and ecstatic jumping on the couch is huge. But I think that I must be pretty fun to watch. At least that's what Alli says. She quite enjoys my cussing up storms at the television, yelling at the coaches and calling my players idiotic freakin' morons. She thinks its way better than reality TV.

I think these guys that are on my fantasy team must know that they are on my team and they must know when I am watching them. Because no matter that I have NFL Sunday Ticket which allows me to watch all the games on any given Sunday. No matter that I hop from game to game to game. My players don't decide to drop that pass in the end zone or get tackled at the one yard line until the exact moment that I happen to switch to their game. And that's just not cool. I'm pretty sure that I witnessed at least 57 points snatched out of my hands by these guys this weekend. And I don't think that I, or my heart, or my hormones for that matter can take another season of this.

But as hard as it is for me, think about how bad it is for the GUYS I beat. Who wants to get beat by a girl? Yes, despite my incapable lineup I pulled out a victory this week against a sweet friend of mine's husband, whom I absolutely adore and am quite certain is my third brother. But thank God his college won this weekend, otherwise we might be pulling him back off the ledge.

There are only three other must wins for me to consider it a great season, whether I walk with the championship or not. I must beat Richard who is my husband's girlfriend, I must beat my baby brother and I must beat my Hubs. Out of those three I can at least guarantee one victory. I'm not above using all tools at my disposal.

Sometimes it's good to be a girl ;-)

14 comments:

Narci D said...

Ha! How appropriate that I am your first comment! You go girl!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE football season. Fantasy Football. Survivor Football. Pick 'em. You name it. I'm game.

I lost this week though. To a boy! Oh the shame :(

Ed (zoesdad) said...

I love watching but suck when it comes to my fantasy league. I drafted a kicker in the fourth round for Christ's sake!

I did manage to eek out a W this week, though.

Katie said...

Way to go girlie!! :)

DMan said...

Thank your lucky stars that A) I always lose the first week of FFL. and B) I argued with the angel on my shoulder telling me to start McNabb... That being said, Amy, you are the last girl I am ashamed to lose to, you actually know what you are doing! (but I still have to give you hell and if we meet again I will bury you and your little dog too!)

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

This makes me have a girl crush on you.

Also? Richard is your husband's girlfriend?? I am confused.

KEEP BELIEVING

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, you play them, don't you? When you are wining, you know everything, and when you are losing, poor girl!

Now, don't go talking anymore football...I'm totally not a girly-girl, but football just isn't my thing.

pb&j in a bowl said...

My husband is a fantasy football fanatic. I told him that I was joining his league and he didn't want me to. I think it's because he's afraid I'll beat him.

Brittany said...

I've never REALLY been into sports. I mean, I route for my Buckeyes, because if I didn't then I would be kicked out of the state... But... YOU GO GIRL! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so pumped for College Football...but I don't miss the days of staring blankly at the TV each and every Sunday while you played with the boys and I was left to my devices.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

You rock!!

Anonymous said...

OH.. I just a Wordless Wednesday to my favorite NFL team.. I am such a football chick!!! LOVE this season..
I used to be a FF chick..but then had kids and dropped the ball.. ba dum bump.. hahahaha

**Note to me..get sleep.

Rhea said...

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Richard, your husband's girlfriend. lol

April said...

I so know what you mean about getting too emotional. I used to be that way about the Lakers.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.