Friday night Alli had her first real dance. Sure she's done that after school cafeteria thing a few times where the boys stand on one side and the girls on the other and they absolutely under no circumstances interact with each other. But Friday night, there was interacting. And escorting. And chair pulling outing. And jitterbugging. And lifting and twirling. And just interacting. With boys. I was a nervous wreck all day and all night. She was super excited and had a blast!Yesterday she went upstairs and started fooling around with makeup. Where is Aunt Traci when we need her?? So not my department. Every five minutes she'd walk down with more crap on her face and ask how she looked. Like she was growing up. I didn't like it so much. Today she wore makeup to school for the first time.
She has a cell phone, she has nice purses, she coordinates every outfit like I never did at that age. She's great with a flatiron. She helps the little ones with their homework. She totally picks up my slack when I'm behind on the laundry. (Why I don't slack off more, I'm not sure.) She's the best, most responsible built-in babysitter a mom could ask for. And any of you moms could ask for... hint, hint. She's great to watch movies with, to discuss books with, to ride roller coasters with.
This year, I've see changes. Some good, some bad. But all signs of growing up. And reality is setting it that I no longer have a little girl, I definitely have a young lady. I have not only a daughter, but a friend. And it's happening way too fast.
In the fall, when Kathryn starts kindergarten, I don't think that's going to be my problem. Because Alli starts high school. Better start stocking up on tissues now. And Prozac.


15 comments:
Great pic!! Yikes, I can't even imagine~don't they have something we can give our kids to keep them from growing so darn fast?! ;)
I can't believe it. She is growing up! BTW, Tell Alli that she looks beautiful!
Awww....I think I am crying. I remember when I first spent any time with Alli she was furious I woudln't let her only eat Goldfish for lunch so she huddled under the bar stool until you and Steven got there. And now she is wearing makeup and tutoring her sisters?!
You've got ME crying now!
Slow down, kids!!!!
She is just adorable. That picture is awesome!
Awh, Amy! How sweet is this post? She's beautiful...glad to hear that she's "coming into her own." Hang in there though! :)
High school...oh, my! And, isn't she beautiful? You're going to have a lot more boy/girl interactions in your future!!!
I'll drink with you, too!
How can she go and do that to you? That just doesn't seem fair...
Lots and lots of Prozac! lol
She is just beautiful and looks so cute in her outfit!
I am not ready fot that age!
Good luck girl..I see a girls night out coming soon for us Houston girls! :)
Oh she looks lovely! What a fun outfit :) I remember being so excited at that age. Man, I feel old.
My daughter? High school? That will terrify me and make me cry as well. Yikes!
We may have to make a road trip when school starts next year to bring you tissues and hugs! Kinder and high school at the same time is more than anyone should have to handle!
Ack! This is scaring me!!
Oh no..... she can not begin high school already.
Can't you homeschool?
LOL!
Zoe is not allowed to get older--we've discussed it.
OK--now I'm cashing in the man card but--I love that skirt!
Wow. Kindergarten to High school. All in a BLINK! How? Why?
(Adorable outfit by the way.)
Awwww, Mama.
*Tear*
Post a Comment