Do you know my mom tried to reschedule my day because she forgot the phone call the night before. Who does that? My whole life on my birthday eve, Mom would ask "how old are you?" And then in the morning, I'd be older and it was just so dang exciting. I'm getting a little less excited about this tradition every year. Why must we say a number, who's counting? And I'm 29 for the 5th time.
Do moms even get glamourous birthdays anymore? Because I still had to wake up early, make lunches, get them to school, take Kathryn to ballet, fold some clothes, help with homework...
But it was a good day. My sweet friend Lisa took me out to lunch, and I do like me some lunch. And then the family happily (I don't care if you want to go there or not Emma, it's my birthday, I'll choose) took me out for dinner to one of my favorite restaurants. So I got me some steak and potatoes and life was good. And of course it got even better when they brought out my dessert. Oh, look who's happy to be there now.
Silly girl, thinking she's actually gonna get a bite.
My poor sweet husband stresses every year about my cake. I really feel bad for what I put him through. I mean all I did was cry and scream and go all banshee on him that one year when he didn't get me a cake. I can't imagine why he makes such a big deal out of it. So this year he thought way ahead and ordered one to be delivered to our doorstep. And it came 2 days early. Which totally pissed him off.
Well I guess you know what your cake is this year.
Ah, hon that's alright, I love The Cheesecake Factory! What flavor is it?
Caramel, it's a caramel cheesecake.
Well then, I guess it's a good thing it got here early because I'm really not a fan of the caramel cheesecake. Now you have time to get me something else...
I had to break out into a grin because he was fixin' to go all banshee on me!
And now I'll be wearing pants with elastic waistbands for yet another week.

You want to know what he got me. You want to know if I was happy. You want to know if he picked up on any one of my
He did.

An IPOD Touch. I still have the grand daddy of all Ipods, the very first generation, which I've been sharing with the hubs. And while sometimes I don't mind so much, I'm a big fan of shuffle songs and it just seems that his choices of Korn and Slipknot continuously come up. And I kinda like my music a little happier.
So now I've got my own and it's finally way cooler and way better than the ones my girls have.
Although the little brats are probably going to have to teach me how to use it. I am pretty old after all.


9 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful day!! You definitely deserve it! :)
Hope you had a great birthday!!!!!
You are SOO spoiled! Can Steven teach Paul a thing or two? I hope you had an amazing day, hon.
Nothing says Birthday like caramel cheesecake and an iPod touch!
Happy Birthday!!
Now I want cheesecake!!! Evil girl.
Actually your an evil LUCKY girl with your fancy new iPod touch!! :)
So glad you had a GREAT day.
You crack me up!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful bday..which you deserve!!
Now I'm craving cheesvake factory though...thanks alot! lol
Yeah for you ipod touch too!!
so glad you had a nice bday! I'm thinking of stealing my daughter's iPod. That's not wrong, is it?
Wow ,great gift! Oh man, I love me some birthday cake! You look great in the photos! Surely you do not need elastic pants! :)
I can't decide if I want the cake or the gift more. I think I want the cake.
Post a Comment