Monday, January 12, 2009

Another failed weight loss plan

I drove Kathryn to school this morning in a bathrobe, pajama pants and slippers. My stomach is not feeling oh so great. I'm not feeling oh so great. I'm feeling like I did when I had 5 months of never-ending morning sickness with Krazy K, all the nausea but none of the throwing up. And I could so throw up. Which is saying a lot for me. Because on my list of scary things, vomiting is just before cockroaches and right after needles.

Of course, I don't have time to be feeling like this. I had a few errands to run today. The hamster is living in filth and requires new minty fresh bedding. The teenager is living in filth and requires deodorant. The clothes aren't getting any less filthy without detergent. The children are starving and require pop tarts. If I looked hard enough I might actually find some in the momobile which is, of course, filthy.

And there are a few things to do around the house as well. My date with the Wii Fit, cancelled. Which that thing totally needs to send me flowers and chocolate anyway for making me feel so unfit. Sometimes it is just not nice. And while I am happy to have set my goal of weight loss and such, I see no exercises for my double chin or chubby cheeks. I'm actually trying to figure out exactly how and when my face got so fat and how does one work that off? Perhaps vomiting would work out those muscles.

And my closet is in various states of disarray from the major purging project I started last week. Which I quit halfway through because it just seemed to not be such a good idea to be trying on all my clothes, none of which fit, after the holidays and birthday cake diet. Perhaps vomiting would help with that too.

So I am curled up on the couch, remote in hand, Sprite in the can, a stack of crackers I'm just not going to eat, and a pot at the ready, just in case. I'm going to catch up with a month's worth of Ned and Eli and then get even sicker at the thought that they aren't coming back. While I do enjoy my fair amount of crap television I'm getting awfully irritated that all the original shows are being cancelled. Can't wait to see what the replacements are, cop show or medical drama?

And I'm missing book club tonight, which I'm super sad about. Because we read Twilight and I do so love some Twilight and love talking about Twilight and was going to take Edward with me as my date. Which the teenager was none too happy about. She pitched a fit and cried and moaned and told me I was not allowed to take her love out of her sight. Because God forbid if anything happened to her cardboard poster.

Hmmmm, perhaps she poisoned me. Maybe that's why I feel so bad. Maybe she could give me some more. Because truly I would love to throw up right now. Not just to feel better. But because I have a weekend getaway with the HMIMs too! And who wouldn't want to lose 5 pounds before that?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw babycakes! I'm sooo sorry! yuck!!!!!

Well, weight loss is um.. weight loss?

I hope you're all better for your hot weekend!

{whispers} miss you

Dreams and Designs said...

Maybe you're pregnant with Edward's bastard child? Make sure to drink some blood, just in case.

And PS- yes, boob cake is WAY classier than penis cake. It goes boobs, penis's then cootchie cake. And who would ever actually make a cootchie cake? So that makes penis cake the worst possible kind of cake.

Anonymous said...

I saw Twilight and got lost in my thoughts..sorry.

Edward is just that kind of yummy.

Brittany said...

I so love the idea that you're pregnant with Edward's kid. I vote that. Get your blood on.

Ok... I can't think either. Edward's head keeps popping my head. His head...on his shoulders... but now I am thinking about his other head, because someone was talking about a penis cake. ah!

Unknown said...

Awww! Sweetie! I'm so sorry you're feeling like such ick. You know, you are entitled to a few of these days. Did you know that today is the worst day for all North Americans? I read it in the news this morning. It's a proven fact that January 12 is the most down in the dumps day of the year. You'll be back on your feet in no time flat. I actually had one of these days last week myself and it sucked! Tums help, they really do.

JKMN said...

no fair! I'm trying to lose 5 pounds before this weekend the old fashioned way!

Katie said...

I sure hope you're feeling better soon!! And yea, what's up with Eli~I LOVE that show!!!

Anonymous said...

oh feel better!! i had that flu! i lost 8 pounds! and it took a week or so for my appetite to come back. which, sadly...it did. and those 8 pounds...well, they came back with the appetite!!
feel better quick!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.