Saturday, January 3, 2009

We're not so good at the waiting

The other night we took the family to see Bedtime Stories. Super cute but I'm not going to tell you about it. Especially about the grossest thing I've ever seen because I'm a good friend and feel that you should be as thoroughly disgusted as I was, with no warning.

Oh, and did you know that it now costs damn near 80 dollars for our family of six to go to the theater? That's it, I'm changing my song and dance. The concession stand will no longer get my business, we're stopping off at the store first and smuggling in bottled drinks and Milk Duds. We don't really need the popcorn, it gives us all stomach aches anyway.

We're sitting there and watching the previews. I love previews, I love knowing what's coming out next, what we have to look forward to, getting a glimpse of a long awaited movie. I just love previews. And after every preview, the girls yell I wanna see that!!

So the last preview comes on and let me tell you how super excited they are about this one. Night at the Museum just so happens to be one of their all time favorite movies. And now, there is a sequel. And it comes out...in May.

The little ones have calendars in their rooms. The concept of the calendar is still a little foreign to them. I've already fielded off about a billion requests to go see the new Night at the Museum. I've calmly explained that we have to get through winter and Valentines' Day and Spring and Easter and Mother's Day and we have to wait til dang near the last day of school before they are able to see this movie. They are going to have to wait until we cannot wear pants and jackets anymore. Until we are forced once again to live in tank tops, cut offs and flip flops. We have to wait until the time when the second we step out the door, we break out into sweat. May is a long, long way away.

But can we see it next week then?

And this is exactly why they still don't know we are going to Disney World in March. Even thought I booked the trip in September.

But maybe if I tell them, I won't have to hear about the dang movie anymore!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH that is too funny!
Yeah for Disney WOrld though! How exciting!
We were going to see Bedtime stories but went and saw Marley and me instead! Great movie, but oh so sad!

Katie Ryan said...

Oh, we saw that yesterday. I heard the same thing with all those previews: Mall Cop, Night at the Museum, some animated critter movie...
I don't remember the "grossest thing" in the movie, though. Was it the dog slobbering all over the guy? I'm drawing a blank. What was it?

April said...

Riley won't stop talking about our Xmas in NY which won't be happening until 2010!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.