Mommy says she has a theory. She thinks that you must sabotage things to go wrong in the house while you are gone so that we appreciate you a lot more when you are home. She was thinking maybe you stuck that cockroach under the sink that one time before you left and maybe you tampered with the valve on the toilet and now maybe you loosened the faucet on the tub.
Oh Daddy, it was not good! See I was sitting in the tub while the water was filling up and I might have wiggled the faucet back and forth a few
But you know Mommy, she didn't think it was cool at all. She grabbed the faucet and turned the water off as quickly as she could but not before it had sprayed all over the cabinets and the floor and soaked the bath mats and splashed on the mirror... Mommy said something about how now we never have to go to Yellowstone because she just saw a geyser and wasn't impressed. I told Mommy that there wasn't enough water in the tub and she gave me THAT look. I was quiet after that. I didn't even whine while she washed my hair.
And that's when Mommy started talking about her theory. She was upset because we were doing so good this time while you are away. But really, why is it that nothing goes wrong while you are here? She couldn't come up with an explanation for the flying bear or my masterpiece. Don't worry I didn't tell her you bribed me with lollipops to misbehave. And she was hoping that nothing else would go wrong. That's when Emma said that maybe a meteor would crash into our house. And Mommy said she sure hoped you didn't have any alien connections. But you do watch all those shows about Area 51...
Anyway Daddy, we miss you, please hurry home! And fix the tub. Because now we're going to have to take stupid showers and Mommy can't have any Calgon moments and that's really bad. Sometimes those Calgon moments are the only reason I'm still around to write you these letters.
Love,
Kathryn


20 comments:
EEK!
Can daddy please answer why things on the cars always go wrong when they are out of town? And why when they actually drive the cars, they WORK for them?! WHY?
My daddy...grr..hubby goes out of town next week. I pray nothing horrid happens!
Oh Amy. Oh my. Oh my my.
Thank you for the giggles and I am so very sorry, but I'm just laughing so hard.
Our Daddy is out of town right now, too and thankfully nothing but the mommy is broken.
Hugs
Oh no!
I'd send my hubby to help, but methinks he may do more damage than good.
not marry yet, but it's always handy to have a man around to kill roaches and getting air into tires... : )
Oh too funny! I think all husbands must do this! Or course, maybe I've hidden a grocery item in the cupboard or some other sneak like that a time or two- just to feel appreciated! :)
But at least you have a sense of humor! That was too funny!
Hurry home, dad!
Amy, that was pretty cute! I sure hope daddy gets home soon...he has lots of work to do!
I'd say you have a pretty good conspiracy theory case argument.
KEEP BELIEVING
Oh no!
It seems every time my husband goes out of town, children start spewing vomit. It's pretty cool.
It is a conspiracy.
Hurry back. Momma needs her tub. I would DIE without my tub. It's a requirement.
It's the travel curse!
Oh no!! I would be so upset without my tub...I don't know what I'd do. Daddy better hurry home!!
I hope the categorical destruction of the house ends before your husband returns. I really do!
Girl, your humor! You missed your calling...you should be a writer! Have a column in a newspaper or something and make all us woman laugh!!! It's never too late! :)
Bwahahahahahahahaha.
Although Daddy is obviously EVIL to the core, I give him mad props for inspiring this post... 'Cause I laughed so hard that I spewed my Diet Coke.
Wow! Daddy come home!
Thanks for the laugh! I love the Dear Daddy posts! Reading your stories is what gets me through my boring conference calls during the day! That is until they ask me a question and I have to say "you were breaking up, can you repeat the question" ;)
I find comfort in knowing that I am not the only one that the travel curse happens too.
Hugs..
Old faithful popped up in your bathroom huh?! Impressive.
Post a Comment