My man, early to bed early to rise, was up at 2am. Seems his body still thinks it's in Qatar. Which is a good thing because apparently 2am is the only time to find ice, pulse at the ATM and fill up with gas right now.
Let's see the trampoline is upside down and the swings are off the set.
I've cooked three meals in the last 24 hours. Something must be done with all that meat, I'd hate for it to go to waste in case the power goes out, which it will. Unfortunately there is also a box of ice cream sandwiches that must be consumed. My hips will thank me later.
There's a grill in my living room.
The newscasters are all surprised that the number one item in the checkout lines seems to be beer. We're in Texas, of course it's beer! And I've decided to shotgun one every time I hear the phrase "hunker down".
And the girls are sleeping...
in the laundry room? Maybe they could help a mom out and fold some clothes.
Time to hunker down, excuse me, chug chug chug, for the night. Hope to have air conditioning power in the morning.


19 comments:
Good luck! I hope y'all don't get hit too bad. Love the picture of the girls! I am so jealous that you can fit 4 girls in your laundry room!
AMY! I hope all goes well! Everyone I know is "hunkering" down (that drink is on me!)! Guess I will be up all night too! Take care!!!!!
What an "adventure" I hope all goes well and you don't burn the house down with that grill.
Seriously. You guys are in our prayers. Have a good night.
Best wishes! Stay safe. I want to party in the laundry room!
Praying the storm misses you. Stay safe!
Girl I fele the same way!! We are all loaded in the mimddle of the house and awaiting this awful storm.
I'll be thinking about you guys all night!
I hope it doesnt turn out too bad for either of us!!
We'll check base in the morning (praying that there is power!!)
Amy - you are hilarious! It's great to laugh amidst all of this craziness!! Stay safe!!
Good Luck Girl, we're thinkin' about ya!!
Good luck!
Well, it's Saturday morning---how'd you do?
I'm praying your headache is from the beer and not the calamity!
HOw did you fare Amy? We are all awaiting news.
I hope Ike takes it easy on you guys. My family bought a good amount of beer, too, and I'm pretty sure they are barbecuing...yes, they are crazy!
I hope you have AC this morning, too.
Try to make the best of it - at least you get to eat all those ice cream sandwhiches!
Stay safe!
It sounds like you all made it through the storm. Take care...Janet/Jeff
Amy is POWERLESS. whoaaa whohaaa. Okay, that was my best wicked laugh.
Seriously, 90% of the city of Houston is without power. I am sure she is goin crazy without her computer, TIVO and AC.
I hope you're up and running again soon.
So glad you got minimal damage, too. My parents are also still without power. Keep us posted.
I can't imagine what you went threw with the weather. We are in Ohio and we had crazy 60 mile per hour winds yesterday, trees down everywher and we lost a car to a falling tree. I thought it was bad here, I would't have been nearly aas calm as you are.
I hope all turned out ok...
Amy has power, no internet.
Don't worry, she was able to watch her fantasy football team get their a$$ kicked over the weekend as direct TV timely restored for them.
Post a Comment