Friday, September 19, 2008

Take my money please!

It really is kind of sickening the way people try to take advantage of those in need. We've all just been through a natural disaster and you hear stories of price gouging on everything from gas to hotels to roofing companies. I guess greed has no sympathy.

The other day I got a handout from the girls' money sucker gymnastics academy announcing that they would have Parents Day Out on Thursday and Friday to "keep the children from going stir crazy and give you the time you need to take care of any issues you have from Hurricane Ike".

I'm thinking the owner wants a new Porsche. And I'm happy to contribute. Take my money, take my kids. The only thing I'm mad about is that they didn't open sooner!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL :-) That seems to be our (now ex gym) gym's owner's prerogative.

They charge $50 per leotard, $17 per hair bow, $2 per popsicle and on and on and on.

Of course, in your current sitch, I'd pay out the nose to get them kiddies away too :-) LOL.

Hope all is well? PS.. lost the digits somewhere. I know. I suck.

Brittany said...

Ohh I think they just love sucking the money out of us... in any kids' event/sport/etc. I can't even tell you how much we've spent on soccer, thus far! ahh!

OHmommy said...

I need to open a gym.

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Do you HAVE to pick them back up?

Dawn said...

Yeah...where's the love in that? Glad you're all okay though! :)

Laski said...

That's a great idea. Sanity is priceless . . .

The gouging is horrendous. Ridiculous. And downright deplorable.

the mama bird diaries said...

I don't understand how people can profit from other people's misery.

That gymnastics sounds like a godsend!

Don Mills Diva said...

I'm with OHMommy - need to open gym STAT.

Anonymous said...

Do they take 3 yo boys? Cause I know one who would love to tumble. I am sick about the greed myself. It's terrible.

Stephanie said...

I hear ya on the greed girl...isn't it getting a bit out of hand?

And I'm with several of the others - we should open a gym!

Dreams and Designs said...

No kidding. Now that is smart on their part! At least you are getting something out of it!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.