Emma tested for another belt this week. She should be a belt higher than she is but seeing how we have been on the GO, GO, GO this summer, this was the first test date she could actually make. She was so excited because her BFF and future husband, Ben, got to come and watch. And now he knows better than to come home from work and ask Where's my dinner, Woman because she's got a pretty mean round kick!
So she rocked the test. She was the only girl there and put all those boys to shame on the Shung Zi (can't say it, much less spell it) pattern.

I'm hoping she can continue in Tae Kwon Do at least long enough to get a green belt, being as that is her favorite color. She's pretty certain she'll be a black belt, and that may be so, if she decides to give up another activity. See Miss Emma is in gymnastics and wants to do year round swim too. Well to add that activity, something must give and I'm thinking it's not gymnastics. And while she thinks she can do it all, my three other children, my schedule, my sanity and my pocketbook say otherwise.
Yep, she's even thinking she can add piano to the mix after attending a piano camp this summer. And getting a letter from the teacher saying how well she had done and how she thinks piano would be perfect for Emma. Translation: We would love to take your money ALL YEAR LONG!
Not unless she's able to freeze time and plant me a money tree. Because I'm thinking, based on this pose:

she might be a wee bit interested in cheerleading too.


14 comments:
Oh, I dont know about cheerleader. That could pass for a power ranger pose, too.
KEEP BELIEVING
oh wow she is cute. and congrats to her!!!
Fantastic! Well, I mean fantastic that she's so active and diversified! Not so fantastic for your wallet. lol
WTG, Emma! That's awesome! Hopefully, she'll have a favorite or two, or she'll have to add a job into the mix to pay for everything.
Go Em!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Awesome!
Way to Go girl!
Hopefully she picks her fav 2 and sticks with them!!
You go Super mom!!
Yay for Emma!! Girls RULE!
I love the look on her face in that second picture - so confident and proud.
WTG Emma!
She'd make one heck of a cute cheerleader!
She is one kick ass renaissance chickaroo!! Congrats on the belt promotion. Goooo team (or I will kick your asses)!
I see during and after our trip to see you....did you forget us?
Emma is a busy, talented girl, but she is obviously skilled and all this has to boost her self-esteem. Not that it was lacking. I wouldn't know, but you know what I mean?!
My older son did Tae Kwon Do for two years and LOVED it.
That awesome Emma!! Congrats to her :)
She really is so darling :)
Post a Comment