Monday, July 21, 2008

A love story

Yesterday after church, I was exhausted. Seems the summer had finally caught up with me full blast and I needed a nap. So Steven being the awesome husband that he is, tucked me in and asked if I wanted the remote.

"No, that's okay, I'm probably just going to fall asleep. Oh you know what, yes, could you please just put it on ESPN?"

To which he replied, "Oh, how I LOVE you!"

And then he did the laundry.

The End.

20 comments:

Brittany said...

haaa haaa haaa... That's so cute. Yay for him doing laundry. YAY!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a good hubby! I got a nap, too, but no laundry or dishes were done...he and the kiddo had a snack in the recliner while watching tv...a girl can't complain, right?!?

Momo Fali said...

The laundry?!! Wow. I doubt my husband even remembers how to separate, let alone start the washer.

Rachael said...

very sweet love story!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful.

The Man, who can take apart computers and cars and hook up intricate audio/visual systems in our home, stares blankly at the five buttons and one dial on our washer. The perplex him to no end.

Stephanie said...

Nice! Your husband and mine are totally alike.

I've been on ESPN more now that there is more football talk. FFL drafts next month! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Steph. I love ESPN. Sadly, the son is a bit too young to fully appreciate it yet. And, how did you get him to do laundry?

The Gerster Family said...

so ESPN, huh? noted. :)

The Daily Stroll said...

What a sweet husband!!! I was in the same boat on Saturday and Josh did the same thing! I slept in and he did the dishes and took care of Jonah all day. It was wonderful! I was able to get some much needed rest!

MommyTime said...

This is the most excellent short story I've ever read. Lucky lady.

Cynthia said...

Wait a minute...did you say HE did the laundry? I must have read that wrong;)

just jamie said...

And they lived happily ever after...!

Anonymous said...

how sweet!!! does he do dishes? how about make beds? is he looking for a once a week job?

April said...

Yep, he's a keeper!

GoteeMan said...

Wow! Kudos to the husband for doing the laundry... A few of us good ones were trained well, and can operate the heavy equipment (washer/dryer) without screwing up the clothes (rayon that now looks like cotton, bleeding colors, etc.)...
so take a mental snapshop of this moment, and next time he does something "not so lovely", remember, and love him that much more...

You are both very blessed...

J/

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Cute - go check out my blog - you are awesome!

Anonymous said...

He does laundry? And lets you nap?
Nirvana I tell you.

jessica said...

i love your posts. they are short and sweet and make me giggle!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

I tearing up over here.

Rhea said...

ROFL That's one awesome love story.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.