Friday, July 18, 2008

A day at the office

Steven got home from work, poured himself a glass of wine, sunk down into the overstuffed chair and said, "This is more like it."

Oh, long day at work?

A little stressful, but it's good to relax.

Stressful, huh? I'll give you stressful. Do you know what I did today? I had the fate of 5 kingdoms in my hands, I had to restore music to one nation, colors to another, unfreeze time, and erase mirages. Then I had to defeat an evil fairy and her army of minions all while under the intense scrutiny of two little people who yelled at me the whole time that I was pushing the wrong buttons and going the wrong way, and I don't do so well under pressure!

Oh, yeah, that's pretty bad hon!

Tell me about. And they've demanded that tomorrow, I free all the little animals from their robot forms while avoiding getting impaled on giant stakes, falling into lava pools, bomb-throwing gummy bears, drifting away in outer space, and drowning from lack of bubbles. I'm thinking of calling in sick. But it's a dirty job and someone has to do it!

14 comments:

Momisodes said...

LOL! I had no idea they had a Disney princess game for the Wii :)

Does sound like a rough day. ;)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wouldn't it be great if we could call in sick?

I need a "mental health day!" Or maybe it's a physical health day...I need a pedicure!

jessica said...

dads need to be left alone with children for extended periods of time. then they get what "tired" is!

MommyTime said...

tee hee...I love what it looks like playing with the kids. Though I will admit that I had no idea you were talking about a Wii. Sorry. Wii newbie here. It's been nice to have you stopping by my place lately, and so good to have you back and blogging. I do love your stories.

krissy said...

I hear ya sister. I feel the same way at times.

You could participate in the callenge if you feel comfortable enough doing such thing.

I think you would do a terrific job in my challenge.

pb&j in a bowl said...

Ha!! Loved this post. 'Tis the life of a mom (with a Wii)

Rhea said...

Wow, I've never played a video game like that. Sounds crazy!

WeaselMomma said...

on a good note, they have great imaginations!

the mama bird diaries said...

You must be a very good multi tasker. That is a heck of a lot to accomplish in one day.

Stephanie said...

Theres a little something for you on my blog!! :)

Burgh Baby said...

Men just never know how good they have it. ;-)

suchsimplepleasures said...

and they think we don't do anything all day...ha!!!
xo

Stephanie said...

I didn't know they had a Princess Enchanted! I only played the original one. I know, I'm such a child...

April said...

We have a saying at work: TGIM!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.