Sunday, July 13, 2008

Did I mention I have a teenager?

So I have finally gotten around to downloading pictures off my camera. And I can maybe start playing a bit of catch-up. I still have adventures to share from our trip to Bandera. And our annual family Beach Week. And the 4th of July and Princess Camp (as if my girls needed lessons).This week the girls are all in some sort of a camp or another and I have some much needed and earned ALONE time!! And instead of attacking the natural disaster that is my closet, going to the grocery store, or folding the 6 baskets of laundry, I've decided to sit here and update my photos and play Patchworkz.

I'll start with Alli's party. You've already seen what we did for her birthday, that crazy girl!! We also had a party for her at the beach house, complete with loads of embarrassment. Because that's what you're supposed to do to your teenagers, embarrass them and far be it for us to not do what we're supposed to. So imagine her face when she comes down for her party and sees 13 of her family members decked out in T-shirts displaying her face. Oh and the masses of refrigerator magnets, also with her likeness, laid about the table as party decorations. I never knew someone could turn that shade of red. It was brilliant! I could so get used to this teenager thing...

But I'll choose to take the high road as far as sharing these pictures with her friends. I'd hate for them to know how wacky her family really is. Or I'll hold them as blackmail material. But that would just be plain mean. And I'm already mean enough. Because I did school her butt on Scrabble, over and over and over again.You think I could have let her win for her birthday, but no. And she was none too pleased with her Scrabble message at the party. That's alright though, she shouldn't feel special, I school everyone on Scrabble ;-)

Some pics from her party... the easiest way to see them is click organize and then each snapshot to enlarge.

Click to play
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

12 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

You have SUCH a beautiful family, A!!

OHmommy said...

You made t-shirts?

That is something I would TOTALLY do. LOL.

Happy 13th birthday.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That's hilarious! Brilliant, even. I love it! Now, you're going to have to come up with something even better for the other three.

the mama bird diaries said...

That is hilarious. I love you creativity...

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Welcome to embarrassing parents, new teen. You are in true form to ruin her life slowly over the next few years. Wonderful.

Also, everytime I come here, you are changing your sidebar photos. They are all great. Your girls are so beautiful.

KEEP BELIEVING

Stephanie said...

Wait... there is a camp for princesses?! I'm listening... :)

I don't know what I would do with a teenager, seeing as how mine is not allowed to ever grow up.

Happy Birthday to her!

MommyTime said...

LOVE the pictures idea. How awesomely funny. And, just have to say, your new picture of yourself is superb, dahhhling. Truly.

Anonymous said...

You totally went from cool mom who bungees to dork with the t-shirts, me thinks??

Kat said...

Haha!!! That is hilarious! I might have to steal the t-shirt idea from you. hehe.

Momisodes said...

She is beautiful! ROFL at the magnets and t-shirts! You are hilarious :)

Happy 13th birthday!

Amy said...

You are one cool mom of a teenager!

Happy Birthday to your daughter. =)

ShannanB said...

Those are great pics. I love that you made those shirts. I am filing that a way for when the boys are older. Would be good for when you chaperone a school function too I imagine.....lol

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.