Monday, June 23, 2008

Extreme Parenting

So I've always loved roller coasters and there was a time in my life where riding on the back of a bike was a great thrill. I'm usually not one to back down from a dare. And it seems my girls are following in my footsteps.

A few years ago we went to Cedar Point and there it was, the Top Thrill Dragster. The tallest and fastest coaster in the universe. And oh we wanted to go. Me and Alli. And we waited in line. And waited. And waited. And as we watched it go again and again, I waited for Alli to bail. We were next in line and I gave her one more chance to skip on through. She didn't. We went. And it was AWESOME!!

Through the years my girls have watched me do one sort of thing or another where they weren't allowed. They did a fair amount of boo-hooing that it wasn't fair and I would just let them know that when they were bigger and ready, they could do these things too.

Things like this little adventure we undertook for Alli's birthday. I finally deemed her tall enough, old enough and crazy enough! Bear with my little video, it was taken from our tiny camera and I'm not some YouTube wiz, but it's freakin' AWESOME!!


35 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Kat said...

That looks like so much fun! You are such a fun mom!!!

Unknown said...

You are crazy Amy, Alli is no doubt YOUR daughter. Steven's commentary was hilarious too... Happy Birthday Alli :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alli. Amy, you are really nuts...Janet

Rhea said...

Wow, that WAS some extreme parenting. What fun!! I'm so glad she got to do that with you. Looked awesome, and I'm glad we got to "ride" along.

Brittany said...

Oh my word!!! lol Extreme!

ahh Cedar Point. Living in Ohio, that place isn't so cool... because we would go for EVERY occasion...ALL of the time...AT every opportunity. sigh. lol

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I miss Cedar Point (how much more do we have in common)?

That's awesome that you let your daughter go! Looks like fun! I always wanted to do it, but never wanted to spend the money!

What did the other girls say?

Stephanie said...

The roller coaster you speak of at Cedar Point. I rode it. I wanted to back out. I was terrfied. Husband made me ride it. Shivers...

The thing you just did?? I would NEVER do. Why? Because I am a chicken.

Haha! I love the commentary! What a little daredevil you have. Looks like she had a blast! Awesome!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What a ride...love you two...granny

Anonymous said...

Wow. Not at all shocked-Isabelle did claim you to be the coolest mom ever. Especially when she asked if I would go on that with her for her birthday and I said 'NO WAY, JOSE!' Little does she know, I won't let her go for her birthday either. haha.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

You FREAKIN' LUNATICS!!!! Holy cajolies!!!!

Amy, you are like mom of the year.

Wait, whose idea was this anyway? Alli's or Amy's???

KEEP BELIEVING

Rachael said...

you gals are crazy! Although I did go skydiving and as soon as I landed I booked my next dive!

Outnumbered2to1 said...

Your husband's running commentary was too funny. "NASA certified" haahaahaa.

Andrea said...

Thats AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

I think I threw up a little in my mouth just watching it! You can totally have my fast passes at Disney. I don't like "rides." Wow. I'm impressed. Loved Hubby's input.

LunaNik said...

Wow. My belly flipped just WATCHING that clip. I can't wait till my girls are old enough to do stuff like THAT with me!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

My wife would never--NEVER do that. Incredible.

Happy Birthday, Alli!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love this - I mean - I CRAZY love this - I SO want to have the nerve SOMEDAY - hey, Julia is only FOUR - I have YEARS to build courage! You are so FUN Amy! :)

Momo Fali said...

Fun! I love that on our recent trip to Cedar Point, my nine year old daughter could sit in the front seat next to me on the new Maverick ride! It was so fun we rode it twice! Next year...The Raptor!

Didi said...

I think I'll stick to tattoos...how cool of you!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow.."Coolest Mom Award" goes to you for sure! What a great experience though! Happy Birthday to Alli!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Indy said...

I love this rollar coaster. I hope my kids will ride it with me too!

krissy said...

Oh, I am such a thrill seeker.

I am jealous.

Jo Ashline said...

um, holy crap! I am fine with living vicarously through your daredevil ways. Great blog! Glad I stopped by!

Anonymous said...

That was freaking AWESOME.. You are one bad a@s mom..

Anonymous said...

awesome, wat to go alli!

Dreams and Designs said...

OMM you are one crazy MO-FO! Not because you let your kid do it but because you wanted to do it yourself!!! :)

just jamie said...

HOLY CRAP!

Dawn said...

OMG! You are the most fun mom there is! Personally, my stomach is doing flips just watching this, but it's all you, girl! :)

Momisodes said...

WHOA! Major props to you both! I'm a wuss...I nearly threw up just watching :(

the mama bird diaries said...

You could not pay me a million dollars to do that.

You are a brave mama.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Holy Crap!!!!!
You are much braver than me!!!!

jamie said...

That is awesome!!!! I am pretty sure I actually would have barfed! :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.