Thursday, May 29, 2008

This is her time

Today is the last day of school. I've got mixed feelings about that. Sad that the girls have completed another year and it's just making me face the fact that they are growing up. Happy to have this fun filled summer with them, as long as they don't drive me nuts. Who am I kidding? The Countdown to Sanity is back in place!!

It has been a crazy month of May! I've got pictures and stories and no time to share any of them! And the month's not over... We've got a few end of school parties and a vacation coming up. But today, it's about Abby.

My sweet Abby. HOLY COW! Where did the time go? Seems like just yesterday she was starting kindergarten and now she is graduating from the fifth grade. Next year she is off to middle school and I hope it doesn't eat her alive. She's got such a kind heart and an innocent spirit, I hate to think of what all those abercrombie wearing be-yotchs are going to put her through. But it's time for me to let her grow up and I'm sure she'll do great!

Take a look at a few of her end of the year festivities. Be sure to click the thumbnails to enlarge and the tabs up top for a new page.


Click to play Abby's 5th grade moments
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure this is tough. I taught middle school. It's not the most fun time. I hope you survive the long three months with them all at home.

Stephanie said...

I bet she is so excited and scared. I remember how it was for me. I feel like I learned a lot and it can be rough but so much growing up takes places in middle school. Good Luck!! Happy Summer :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awww...they grow up so fast! She'll get through it, and she'll still have that sweet kind heart!

Katie said...

WOW, I can't even believe that!! Good luck with a Middle Schooler ;) I'm sure she'll be awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh, the big step into Middle School. I can still remember the anticipation, butterflies, and sheer terror as I walked through the doors the first time.

Enjoy the first few days of summer vacation ... and then let the countdown to the first day of school begin!

Anonymous said...

oh my god, she is so gorgeous. Totally have tears in my eyes. You're right, we can't do a summer with out getting the kids together!

MarĂ­a said...

Middle school rocks! Tell her to enjoy every minute!

just jamie said...

What a cool Smilebox photo gallery. It's amazing how much older girl's look these days. Did I just sound old? Seriously though. She's darling. And if she's anything like her Momma, she'll be a star in Middle School.

Anonymous said...

Ooof... middle school was an absolute nightmare for me. Here's to hoping that Abby fairs better than I did...

and on the note of school.... check out my post today. April is doing an education awareness blog day. Want to get involved?

April said...

I know exactly how you feel! I was so afraid that Sylvia would get eaten alive at middle school, which was why finding KIPP became so important to me.
CableGirl already pimped it here, but I do hope you'll join us for the BlogBlast for Education on June 20. I would love to read your thoughts!

OHmommy said...

I am sure she will do fine. That gorgeous smile will take her far. ;)

Laski said...

Wow! does this bring back memories!!!

What a cool time for her. A kid on the verge . . . wow!

Narci D said...

Sweet Abby--I am sure she'll rise above the silliness of Middle School!

JKMN said...

Congrats Abby!

Amy said...

What a wonderful photo - she is beautiful. The slideshow is great!

Nissa said...

She'll be fine. I know it's scary though- middle school! This was Tristan's first year of middle school, and pretty much, the older kids ignore the 6th graders. Remember, Abby will be among her peers, still. The only real difference that affected us was the trying to coordinate with 8 teachers instead of 1 or 2! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember that step.. it is a big one but I know she will rock it out!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

So cute. My baby went to middle school this year as a 5th grader. I wish she could have gotten 1 more year in the cozy elem school. She hasn't changed for the worse, just a little more independent.

Mr Lady said...

We have ONE WHOLE MONTH left. Grrr.

Rhea said...

Awww! She's adorable. My son just graduated from 5th grade also, and I can't believe he's going to start middle school in two months. Where did the time go?

Caffeine Court said...

So sweet. I remember those years so well. She has a great mom, so when she tangles with the Abercrombie Girls-you'll have her back!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.