You know those amazing stories you hear, when a three year old calls 911 and saves her mom's life? Yeah, that will never happen in my house.
Yesterday afternoon, Kathryn and I had just got home from her swimming lesson. Alli called to remind me that she was staying after school for choir practice and I was trying to figure out how I was going to pick her up and get Emma to swim team practice at the same time. I went to switch out a load of laundry and as I was moving the whites from the washer to the dryer, my back snapped and I hit the floor.
Proof that laundry is indeed, hazardous to your health.
All I could think was oh no, oh no, not again as I was laying there in excruciating pain. I was sobbing hysterically, I couldn't move and Kathryn was oblivious to the whole thing. Somehow I managed to hobble/crawl/roll myself into the bedroom, I reached over for the phone and of course it wasn't there. I remembered that I had left it in the study that morning.
"Kathryn, honey, Mommy needs your help!"
"What, I'm watching Spongebob."
"Kathryn, Mommy hurt her back again and I really need you to help me, okay?"
"Mommy, be quiet, I can't hear the TV!"
I'm sobbing, I'm writhing in pain, and the little brat can't help me out because she is watching SpongeBob, AGAIN!?!
"Kathryn, sweetie, please, Mommy really needs you to come here, she's hurt really bad!"
I see her walk right. past. my. door.
"Honey, what are you doing?"
"I'm coloring a picture."
"Kathryn you need to come here RIGHT NOW!"
And I hear : "UGHHHHHHHH!"
Oh, no she didn't.
Her face appears in the door.
"Go get Mommy the phone, please."
She brings it to me.
"Do you want anything else?" punctuated with a big huff and puff as she walks out of my room.
Yes as a matter of fact, you little brat. I want you to remember that this is most likely your fault seeing as how you were probably playing Jenga with my spine in utero. I want you to remember that YOUR birth was the most excruciating pain I have ever been through. I want you to remember when you were 5 months old and had RSV, bronchitis, and croup how I was basically attached to your side for 7 weeks. I want you to remember that the last time you threw up all over me, I waited an hour and a half until you were feeling better before I washed your vomit out of my hair and off my body. I want you to remember that I am the one that gets up multiple times a night when you are screaming from your night terrors. I want you to remember that this past week, I have been picking you up and carrying you around against my better judgement because honestly when you bat those eyelashes of yours, how can I refuse?
But most of all I want you to grow about 2 1/2 feet and go get Mommy the Vicodin out of the medicine cabinet.
She reappeared, with a picture of an elephant she drew.
"Here, Mommy I made this for you. My elephant can carry you around now. "
And she batted those damn eyelashes of hers at me, and once again, I told her to thank her lucky stars that she's so dang cute, and the little brat was forgiven.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


25 comments:
OUCH! Sorry about your back! Hope you get back on your feet soon and find some help for the laundry!
LMAO! That's really not supposed to be a funny story I imagine, but I still find it amusing how we parents can never stay angry. I hope your back gets to feeling better soon!!
You are much nicer than I am. And, I hope you are feeling better.
Yikes! I hope your back feels better!
She's learning too much from her big sisters...drawing an elephant! Too much.
That is so funny! The part about the elephant, I mean, not the part about the back. I'm so sorry about your back. I know how painful that is. But your daughter? While she may not be a nurse, she might turn out to be something requiring a great imagination.
Get well soon!
oh my gosh. How dare you interrupt Spongebob?? That is hilarious, except for the injury part.... hope that you are feeling better.
Seriously, what is it about SpongeBob that makes him such kiddie crack? I just don't get it.
And yes, laundry is most definitely hazardous to your health.
"Do you want anything else?" Wow, the cheek on that girl. lmao. Wonder where she gets it.;)
So what did you do? How'd you get help?!
That happened to me ONE time when I was pregnant with my little one. I grabbed the office chair on wheels, put my elbows on it and rolled to find help.
i cringed when i read about your back... owwwwww.... and then i laughed the rest of the way through. are you ok now?
Oh Amy! That's awful...and hilarious, all at the same time! I hope you can somehow manage to get some rest. Probably when pigs fly or hell freeezes over, whichever comes last.
Hahaha, I loved the title of this, Amy! Brilliant.
bad week for Amy! Wish I was there to help out, I can't resist those eye lashes either.
Hey, on the up side-since you will be bed ridden, maybe you can pick up the slack blogging?
Oh Amy.
I'm so sorry you're in pain but damn I love the way you write.
I hope the vicodin helped and that the elephant has been handy to have around :-)
Hehehe. Ok, so I shouldn't laugh being that you're in pain and all, but, damn, that was funny.
Awww what a wonderful ending!
Ouch! I hope your back heals soon!
I'm glad K finally got around to helping you out! ;)
Oh no... your back? Again?
Yikes!
I think what really stands out is the genuine concern your daughter displayed in what was obviously a very troubling and difficult experience for her. The sheer fact that she was able to color a picture when she was clearly distraught is simply amazing.
Hope your back is better.
I hope your back is better soon. Until then, enjoy the pain meds!!!
What a little toot!!! Hope your back is ok!!!!
Laundry is the devil in disguise I just know it..
I really hope you are feeling so much better!!
Oh, I'm sorry about your back, but your rant made me chuckle. They really do forget way to quickly how fabulous we Moms are!
Hope your back feels better... that really sticks. sorry :(
Ohh dear. sorry about your back! Feel better, soon!!!!
Hopefully, someone will help you out when you need it!
I'm loving you right now. Hope you're feeling better, but damn, the laugh I had at your expense almost threw *my* back out. :)
Post a Comment