Saturday, May 17, 2008

It happens to the best of us

Man, I don't know what's happening to me. I did something I never thought I would. I bought a button. I got a button with my kid's picture on it and I plan on wearing it. Me, a button.

And why, why did I get a button? Well, I'll tell you. Because my kid is a freakin' rockstar! First of all we woke up at 6:20 on a Saturday morning, the first of many more to come, for Emma's swim meet. Which I'm none too happy about, but apparently I can't tell my kids no when they ask to be involved in an activity. Unless it's Girl Scouts.

Anyway, swim meet, early, COLD. Emma had her heat times from last week. And this week, pardon the pun, she blew them out of the water! The girl shaved 14 seconds off her freestyle, 14 seconds!! She was the most improved swimmer by far! And then she took 10 seconds off her backstroke. And it would have been more, except halfway through she decided to play pinball off the ropes. So if she can just straighten it up, I guarantee she'll take another 5 seconds off. See, Rock Star! She was so proud of herself, and I was so proud of her!

Proud enough to buy a damn button!

32 comments:

Brittany said...

Aw! Wear that button proudly! I can't wait to wear buttons... and drive minivans...and get nine inch zippers... just kidding... well, about the van and nine inch zipper. I really DO want to wear buttons! ;)

Brittany said...

Oh...wait... 9 inch zippers are what we refer to as the "mom pants," around here. I know you know what I'm talking about!

ShannanB said...

That is awesome and totally button worthy! I wish I had a button to wear for my oldest. He scored his second goal of the season today in soccer. I've never seen his that proud before.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

14 seconds? That is amazing! Send me a button, I will wear it for you!

Rachael said...

awwww, wear the button! what a great little swimmer!

Momisodes said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment. I love her smile and the idea of the button :)

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love the button - now every meet you need to wear it in a different spot to crack her up - you know, in the middle of your hat - above your right knee, hang it as a BIG earring - she will love it - and yes Amy - refrain from the rear area...and no chest jokes...but really - it could be hilarious!:) Once you could even cut out the same sized pic of YOU and tape it over it one meet and see if she notices or better yet - of Steven... or KANGA!!!! HAHAHAHA HAHAHA :) Seriously - I am cracking UP - you must.

Anonymous said...

Wow! She's so awesome that I want a button too! Great job, Emma!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'd buy a button too!

Katie Ryan said...

That really is amazing. Wear that button with pride!

Sarah said...

Way to go, Emma! You betta wear that button with pride, Amy!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

WTG Emma! Enjoy that button and wear it proudly.

Burgh Baby said...

You are sliding down that slippery slope towards Swim Mom, which is at least two evolutionary steps above Soccer Mom. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's great. I'm totally going to be that mom, too. You know what? I'm not allowed to watch the Stros anymore...I've managed to catch all of 4 games this year. And, in 3 of them, they were winning & managed to choke within four minutes of me tuning in. Maybe the kid is good luck. I turned on the game twenty minutes ago & they are actually increasing the lead. Hmmm...

MarĂ­a said...

She's so cute! I'd wear it too!

Amy said...

Yup - you need to wear that button! She is so pretty and a great swimmer!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

14 seconds is amazing! Maybe the water was cold and she was in a hurry to get out.

the mama bird diaries said...

Ha. Funny. If you're going to wear a big button with a picture on it...well, I can't think of a better one.

And your daughter sounds like a swimming rock star. So cool.

April said...

Great job, Emma! Brag away, Mom :)

JKMN said...

Ha Ha - next thing we know you'll be driving around a minivan with window decals of our your kids names. Go Emma!

The Mrs. said...

You are so cute with your button!

Cynthia said...

Wow...you go girl! I think I want a button:)

pb&j in a bowl said...

Wear that button with pride!!! And make a matching one for your husband.

Anonymous said...

YAY Emma!!!!

Wear that button, momma. Then you need one of those drawn on kids on the back of that minivan you *need* to get.

Anonymous said...

YAY Emma!!!!

Wear that button, momma. Then you need one of those drawn on kids on the back of that minivan you *need* to get.

Stephanie said...

Way to go Emma! I would be proud to wear that button. Proud Momma!

BusyDad said...

Damn 14 seconds? You can eat a meal in 14 seconds!!! That is killer awesome. Totally pin-worthy.

Dreams and Designs said...

You can wear that button with pride!!! My mom has a whole collection of them somewhere!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand how beautiful your girls are.. seriously.. look at those eyes!!!

Good for you wearing a button.. just don't put it through your expensive jeans.. :)

Rachel said...

Who wouldn't wear a button with that mug on it?
Congrats to your rock star swimmer!!

Narci D said...

she's built like a swimmer! Go Emma!

LunaNik said...

That is one cute kid. Rock star indeed. Go Emma!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.