Thursday, May 8, 2008

And he thinks that I never pay attention...

Today we celebrate nine years of wedded bliss. For the most part it has been fabulous! I could go on and on about how great Steven is, but really I've said it all before. He is a wonderful husband, father, son, friend, person and I am blessed to have him in my life.

So some things I've learned through the years...

I've learned that no matter how many times I have loaded the dishwasher the same exact way in these nine years, he will never load it right. So I'll continue to reload it and just be thankful that he puts forth the effort.

I've learned that he is always going to give me a go to hell look every time I wake him up to inform him that he is sleeping on my pillow and I would like it back. Sorry, I'm just a bit partial to my pillow.

I've learned that even though I have showed him the way I like towels folded a billion times, he will never remember half and half, then in thirds. But as I refold the towels I let him know the sheets can be folded however which way, as long as it's not by me.

I've learned that no matter how many times I've said Honey, you're a little close to that car or Would it kill you to let someone over in your lane, that he is not going to change his driving habits. So I've learned how to grin and bear it and hold on to the Oh Shit handle for dear life.

I've learned that months of research and weeks of stressing over your fantasy football team does not work. Women's intuition is so much better than the ESPN Insider. And he should learn that I give much better advice than Matthew Berry.

I've learned that his size humongous shoes are the best spider killers ever. I've learned that he can watch PCU over and over and over and over and laugh every time. I've learned to hide the Snyders Honey Mustard and Onion Nibblers in the back of the pantry if I ever want to eat any.
I've learned that no matter how many times he tries, I am never going to like red wine.

I've learned that he HATES peas, but I choose to ignore this fact and continue to cook them. I've learned he is the best toy the girls have, from swimming to jumping on the trampoline to playing monster around the house. I've learned that he always stresses about cooking me a perfect steak. I've learned that sometimes The History Channel and The Military Channel aren't that bad, but I will never tell him that. And so many other things, I could really go on all day.

I've learned that the man of my dreams...


Darn. Shoot. Heck. How did HE get in here?

I've learned that Steven has an amazing sense of humor ;-)


I've learned he worships me and apparently my friends too. That he never tells me no. That he always puts my happiness before his. That he is probably the only man who could put up with my crap. That he is, I'll say it again, a wonderful husband, father, son, friend, person. I've learned that I LOVE this man and I'm so lucky that he's mine!

Especially because in nine years of marriage, he's only left the toilet seat up twice!

37 comments:

MommyTime said...

Congratulations on nine wonderful years together. What a nice tribute.

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Happy Nine Years!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats on 9 years!! You should print out this entry and frame it as a gift!!

Anonymous said...

You guys make a great team!!!! HAPPY ANNY.
Janet

Stephanie said...

What a sweet post, Amy! Congratulations to you both! May you have many more happy year together...

Anonymous said...

Aww. I agree wholeheartedly about the fantasy football. Considering I won our league? I know I'm right. I'm in the same boat about the driving. I don't even have an Oh Shirt handle. But, how can you not love the History Channel??

KJ said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great guy. I'll bet he feels just as lucky.

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary!
I am almost a year ahead of you and I still haven't learned not to comment on the driving! I should work on that....Pete would appreciate me just grabbing the handle and not saying anything!
Hope y'all enjoy the day!

Kat said...

He truly is a keeper!
Happy Anniversary!

Katie Ryan said...

Awwww, congratulations you guys. Happy Anniversary!

LunaNik said...

What a cute post! I laughed out loud multiple times and nodded in agreement A LOT. Seriously, we (and our husbands) have a ton in common.

P.S.
I fold my towels almost the same way. I do half, thirds, half or half, thirds, thirds for the bigger towels. And they MUST be folded that way EVERY TIME. I always thought I was just anal.

OHmommy said...

Awwwww..... what a great tribute. Happy Anniversary.

Lisa said...

What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary to you & your Hubby! He sounds like a genuinely great guy.

Momisodes said...

Awww, that was so sweet! I think my hubby and yours share some of the same habits.

*round of applause* for his toilet seat stats ;)

Happy Anniversary!!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats..what a great post! That dame Biggio is always creeping in ;) P.S. You've been tagged :) Go read my lastest blog!

just jamie said...

Okay, *that* is so darn cool of you. It's real. Not sappy and yanked from a greeting card, but the real deal.

Happy anniversary. So glad love has found you both (and might I just say you two are a HOT couple).

Chanin said...

Happy Anniversary, Amy! I love the things you said, so nice and yet, so funny! Reminds me of me and my hubby so much!! Too bad we don't live closer!

Narci D said...

Aww-perfect tribute for you two! We love you both and Happy Anniversary!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your perfect mate. :)

pb&j in a bowl said...

Congrats on nine years! Very sweet!

Katie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Cute tribute!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think that the driving, folding, and dishwasher things must have something to do with the Y chromosome.

Nissa said...

I love his shirt!

And amen to the towel folding(mine are the same as yours, but I guess his mom did it differently and he still hasn't adapted) and car driving!

Bradley's Mom said...

You've got a REAL good one there!!!

Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Linda

the mama bird diaries said...

Happy Anniversary. What a sweet post.

My husband is nuts about sleeping with HIS pillow. Funny.

Caffeine Court said...

And he's cute too...BONUS. Happy Anniversary

Burgh Baby said...

Congratulations!

Momo Fali said...

Congratulations!!

I had to laugh when I read about the dishwasher, because I thought the same thing...and in my mind I thought, "Oh, and why can't they ever fold towels correctly"...then I read a little farther and you said it too! Funny!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
(its the Holy Shit handle in our car...)
Found you bloghopping.

krissy said...

I love Hot Dads!

So me and your hubby have something in common!!! Yay!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

suchsimplepleasures said...

happy anniversary!!!
and...
happy mothers day!
xoxo

Unknown said...

That was an awesome tribute! Am I allowed to say he's HOT!?

Happy Anniversary!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Belated but Happy Anniversary wishes.

I, too have stopped counting the number of times I've reloaded the dishwasher or refolded a load of laundry. Why can't they see that our way IS THE CORRECT WAY and all others are completely unacceptable?

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.