Thursday, May 22, 2008

Master Cutter

So a few weeks back Emma was having some trouble with, of all things, holding scissors properly. Since fine motor skills are very important to kindergarten, it was necessary for her to have tutoring. Yes, tutoring, for cutting. After much observation and cutting exercises, the teacher's aide came to the conclusion that she was using the wrong hand to cut. Seems my girl is a bit ambidextrous.

Today I received an email from her teacher and this came home in her backpack:

Dear Emma's Mom,
Apparently Emma cut off some of her hair during math today. She said it was an "accident" but we don't use scissors during math time. I put what I could find in a bag for you.

I'll be expecting an "A" on her report card.

33 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness! It truly is never a dull moment for you, is it? Talk to Sarah...didn't Ashton do the same thing a while back? :) Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Dag, Yo! Let's the pics of Sweet Em with the new dew!

MarĂ­a said...

Pictures pictures!

Narci D said...

Shoot, that girl has so much hair--can you even notice?

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Excellent cutting! No more fine motor practice for her! So how does she look?

Brittany said...

Ohhhh dear. I wanna see photos of this!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

HA HA HA HA. Will it have to be "fixed?"

KEEP BELIEVING

MommyTime said...

I'm sorry that this cracks me up -- but it totally cracks me up. I so hope she looks okay still.

Rachel said...

Okay, I might not be laughing.. really.
Ummmmmm.
Remind me to show you the bag full of Princess' hair, K.
You'll feel lots better :-)
Can't wait to see the new do.
Just a note... hairdressers make bank$ maybe she's just preparing for her career?

Kat said...

Maybe she has a future in hair styling?
I love the note with the baggy. hehe

Amy said...

LOL!
"What she could find?"

How much did she cut off?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hope she's rockin' the new do!

Guess she got the hang of the scissors!

Stephanie said...

Haha! Oh my gosh...why did we not get a picture of her in this post? Hopefully she did a good job!

OHmommy said...

Where is the picture of her new hair style? ;)

Anonymous said...

YIKES!!! Is it bad?

Chanin said...

LOL!! I keep finding Barbie hair all over the house! It's driving me crazy!!!

Sarah said...

FINALLY my turn to laugh a little. I also want to see a picture, but I am guessing you probably can't tell since she has such thick hair!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, at least she was practicing?!? I think most girls have gone through that at one point or another~I know I once tried to trim my bangs~boy that was cute! ;)

jessica said...

well, she's got it down now! that doesn't look like it was too dramatic. maybe she's testing to see if she likes the look and will do more later. seriously, wow! what was your conversation with her like?

Anonymous said...

And, the tutoring pays off. You must be proud!

just jamie said...

Oh NO! Not the front I hope?

Unknown said...

HA! It wasn't her bangs was it? My little one did that and made her momma cry!

Makeshift Sinatra - Gettin' in some early bloghopping

Momisodes said...

She's certainly a fast learner :) Tutoring surely paid off!

K8spade said...

I did that when I was around 5 or 6. Except I was at my grandmother's house and I gave myself a full-on haircut. I "butchered it", is how my mom described it. She had to take me to a salon so they could try to fix it. So it could always be worse... ;-)

ShannanB said...

OMG. I hope it was from somewhere inconspicuous! That is one for the memory book!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! She looks like she knows what she's doing now!

April said...

Oh, that is hysterical!

nope said...

Awww, at least you know she was paying attention....

Rachel said...

Just checking in on you and the lovely ladies.
Haven't heard anything from you lately!!

Amy said...

Uh oh! I thought boys kept you busy! I guess girls can get in their own kind of mischief!

KJ said...

Omigosh. Hope she doesn't look too weird.

I worked at the YMCA in high school, and this adorable girl CUT OFF HER BANGS one day when I had my back turned. Her mom nearly killed me.

Dreams and Designs said...

Oh no!!! I hope it wasn't too noticeable!

LunaNik said...

Oh Ma Gawd. I see hair styling in her future. Awesome.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.