
So all I wanted for Mother's Day was a decent picture of me and my girls. Which is, apparently the most unattainable thing in the world. Really how can you get five people, five females to all look good at the same time? Especially when one, and I won't name names Emma had been tearing through the house like a madwoman with her cousin and ruined her perfectly beautiful princess twists that might have frustrated her mom to no end while she was trying to create the requested hairstyle for the nameless brat Emma in the first place which led to them running late and left no time for Mom to put on any makeup. So what' a mom to do? Pick the picture where she looks the best!
Luckily I had already gotten a pretty good present. A few actually. Homemade cards, flowers, and I picked out a necklace by a designer that I like. The pendant is two sided, one says Hip Mom, Right On and the other Motherhood is Not for Sissies. I pretty much live by those sayings around here.

I've said before, I'm doing my best not to conform to the stereotypical suburban mom. But really what is that now? We all mother in so many different ways and whose to say which way is right? But the hubs may have a different plan in mind for me. Driving to our family brunch this morning, Steven says, "You know, Mazda is having a big sale on their minivans."
I chose to ignore him.
And you will never see these feet of mine in Crocs either.
So Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there! If you drive a Volvo or a tank, if you wear designer jeans or workout clothes, if you feed your brats poptarts or scrambled eggs, if you yell at your kids or speak in a calm, controlled voice (wow could you give me a lesson), if you started young or old, if you make boxed mashed potatoes or the real thing, if you stay at home or have a career, if you have one kid or a small army, if you teach your kids with flashcards or Nick Jr, however you mother, you're pretty awesome!


25 comments:
I love everything about this post. I love the picture, the necklace, the description of so many types of Moms. Well done!
And *where* can I find a necklace like that? So cool!
Yeah - I might be some of the descriptions you included BUT I have to claim the FIRST one that you denied...I am a PROUD owner of a five year old silver MAZDA mini-van - I make NO payment on...so go ahead - ignore that comment from your hubby - but I will drive MY payment-free van until the motor falls out or the wheels fall off - since it now costs almost three GRAND just to come to Texas for a few days... :) HAPPY Mother's Day - :)
I actually think it's a great picture. And your list of kinds of moms is wonderful. Happy Mother's Day!
Your pictures is awesome. Everyone is beauitful. I love the necklace.
PS. I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair or crocs. But I do drive a minivan. Teehee.... Happy Mother's Day hawt mama!!!
I love your last paragraph. So true. And, I'll never own the mini-van either.
Really, the pic is great. All your gals take after their gorgeous mom!
And what a great tribute to all moms everywhere. Very nice!
Awe--yay for you, Hip Mom! Thanks for the wishes!
I don't do Crocs either . . . but that Stow and Go mini van is rather tempting.
Happy Mother's Day!
I don't own crocs, but only because I am still getting over birks. . . ;)
Happy Mother's Day! Great Picture!
LOVE your list of all types of moms!
Happy Mother's Day!
P.S. I am with you on the mini-van. I feel like I will be driving a Suburban forever! I love all the space that I have in there!
I feel your pain on the picture - I can rarely get a good one of my 2 together. Maybe you can just become a photoshop expert and put all your best pics together.
PS. I was just in my minivan wearing crocs yesterday!
The boxed potato reference was projected at me, no?
Happy mothers day!!
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Great pic too by the way ;) !!
Happy Mother's Day, Amy!
That's a great picture of you and your beautiful girls - despite the chaos that went on :)
Very cute picture, Amy!
I am wearing my fury crocs right now because it is a balmy 47 degrees with a 30 mph wind blowing and I have to say they are like slippers.
I loved your last post too about your hubby. Very sweet!
I know what you mean about the picture, I try but someone is always looking away or something so I to just pick the best one of ME - oh well....
Great picture and a great post about Moms! I guess I'm still considered a newbie in the Mom department but I still hold my ground that I will never drive a minivan and I haven't purchased a pair of crocs yet even though the ballet slipper crocs are kinda cute! Jonah owns several pairs of crocs but they are just so darn cute on kids! Happy Mother's Day!! Hope you had a fabulous day!
What beautiful ladies you all are!
As I was reading the mom types I was trying to figure out which I was, for each... ha ha. I'm a nerd. SO...yea...where can one find such a wicked necklace? I need one! ;)
Happy mama's day!!!!! :)
Happy belated Mother's Day! And I think it is a great photo, and it is awesome that you got to sleep in!
Happy Mothers Day!!
That is such a great pic of you and your girls.
I can't believe you have FOUR GIRLS. You're so lucky.
Great pic! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
You gals are so dang beautiful...and that is you with no makeup?!?! You're so LUCKY!!
The picture is gorgeous and I totally dig that necklace!! :-)
Great post honey :-)
I let Monkey wear tee tiny little camo crocs but you wouldn't catch me dead in them, and if someone put them on me when I was dead.. I would hunt them down and haunt their ass.
Best Mother's Day post I've read--loved it!
Happy Belated Mother's Day.
You are amazing. This post is awesome. High five on the croc boycott.. I will NEVER wear those things.. and excuse me while I admire my new pair of Lucky's.. :)
Happy Belated Mother's Day Amy.. that picture is beautiful and I love that necklace!!
Post a Comment