Monday, July 23, 2007

Out of the Closet

Yesterday, instead of preparing for our trip because that's what I NEEDED to do, I decided to clean out my closet. I have a lot of clothes, and everytime I attempt to purge I give in and keep some items that should be let go. So I took a no holds barred approach and tossed every other shirt aside. Okay not really, but I tried, I really tried.

However, there have been some very bad fashion choices in my past. I actually used to think I was quite fashionable until I moved to McKinney and met a gal named Charisse who informed me I was not spending near enough money on my blue jeans and introduced me to a little word called "accessories". So it will probably kill her to see these things coming out of my closet. But that's okay, I haven't worn some in YEARS, and they are going to happy places now.

And I'm only showing you all because I am comfortable enough to laugh at myself and am pretty sure that I've got good taste now. I could be wrong, but that's what I choose to believe. Oh and all pictures are taken on the ottoman in my closet. Yes because my closet is big enough to have an ottoman right smack dab in the middle of it. Trust me, it's the only time you'll be jealous of me today!

This one is not so bad. Except for the fact that it keeps getting smaller and I keep getting bigger. But it's the same shirt that Amber wore all through her treks on the Amazing Race. But I can pass this one down to Alli at least.

This is not a nightgown. I don't know why I bought it. In fact I don't think I did, someone must have snuck it in my closet. Because I know for a fact I never wore it.

Let's go back to 7th grade science, shall we? Can you say paramecium??

Sequins? I don't need to say anymore.

Yes, it's time to grow up and let Mickey and friends grow. And obviously this requires ironing. That's something I just don't do anymore!

Okay I like this shirt. I seem to remember prancing around in it one evening at Bunco. Just in case the tiara on the head didn't give away the fact that I was Princess for the night. But half the rhinestones are gone and I am not Princess of the trailer park, so bye-bye.


Umm, you know those neon yellow posterboards?? Did someone really think it was a good idea to create clothing in that color? And did I really think that it was a good idea to buy it? I mean what skin tone would that look good on exactly? Oh and if you needed to find me, I was the one glowing in the dark.
This is my broom riding skirt.
Hot pink denim is not a good idea. Even from the Gap.


Remember when every shirt had a slit so you could show off your belly? And I had a great flat stomach. I loved showing it off at the clubs. Hey this was even before my belly button was pierced.
My stomach was really flat.


Really, really flat.

Oh and my favorite...Was I really thinking that zebra velour was something I needed to have?? YIKES!!

Okay you've seen my dirty little secrets now in a plastic bag on the way to Goodwill. Perhaps I should have thrown them away and saved some other poor soul from embarrassment. But I do like to share.

And I'm curious, now that I've inspired you, what's in your closet? I want details, heck I want pictures. But I bet you can't top my zebra pants!!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for the chuckle today, Amy! I'll have to go take a look at what's hanging in my closet. I "weeded" when we moved into this house, but I'm sure there's still some doozies left!

Anonymous said...

HOLD THE PHONE! The pink pants you will want to hold onto. Color denim is the big thing for the up coming season. Starting this fall. Trust me. Remember-I have stuff before Lucky and In Style put it out.

Sassy said...

Funny, I remember you wanting to be friends with me because we had the same Banana Republic jeans...HA!

I just donated those same zebra pants today, from Gymboree, they were Lexie's!

Pink jeans are cool and trendy if you are a ROCK STAR. :)

Katie said...

Love those pants ;)

Narci D said...

Um, am I the only one who thinks that those zebra print pants would be cute around the house with a light pink tee? Guess I need to go through my closet, too!

JKMN said...

Hello? I had to throw away most of my poor fashion choices (actually about 90% of my clothes) when I had you, Rosylyn and Charisse do the "What Not To Wear, Joni version" on my closet. I'm sure I have accumulated a few more bad choices since then, but I'm not sharing.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.